Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which shocks and springs??  (Read 795 times)

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
Which shocks and springs??
« on: 19 July 2014, 14:27:52 »

I think its about time to change my shocks and springs and wonder what people recommend to use. Its a 2.6 CD model and i think i would like something slightly firmer that what I have at the minute. Not bothered about lowering etc but would like something a little stiffer but not so solid as its a pain in the arse! Every time i try to search the net it keeps throwing up lowering kits and coilovers
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Which shocks and springs??
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2014, 17:39:32 »

Standard springs and Bilstien B4 shocks would control the springs better then oem shocks.
If you can live with a little bit firmer ride / drop of iirc, 20mm them Eibach springs matched with the B4's go very well with the Omega  :y

ted_one

« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2014, 18:06:41 »

Agree...just had Eibach springs and Bilstein B4's  all round on the 3.0 ltr MV6, and one of the 3.2's has Irmy springs and B4'S,Ride on both very comfortable it's just the shite roads that make the ride a bit iffy just now and again :y

Temetsy

• Finland
    • b1 x25xe sedan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2014, 10:09:40 »

And if you want the suspension to be firm you should fit powerflex or bmw e34's white or green bushes while you got the front susp open :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2014, 15:57:20 »

And if you want the suspension to be firm you should fit powerflex or bmw e34's white or green bushes while you got the front susp open :y

Just to clarify this for the op...

White or green BMW bushes have an offset centre pivot point iirc? and are still rubber and likely to fail in a similar life span.

So powerflex is the way for bushes as you say. They will, however, deliver a slight increase in harshness through the steering wheel though, but it's considered a price worth paying for more accurate steering and better life of the bushes.

So there is an element of "firming up" with bushes but this is a separate sensation to the that of the shocks and springs, in that the bushes resonate smaller high frequency bumps to the driver, where shocks and springs deal with bigger/higher frequency bumps.

Both have in input on comfort and ride quality, balanced against accuracy and better basic handling. Softer rolling suspension has a detrimental effect on tyre wear as well for more enthusiastic drivers, so worth pursuing in that case.

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2014, 20:43:48 »

Cheers guys, thanks for the help will get onto getting so e prices now.  :y
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.