Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishbone with polly fronts question  (Read 1964 times)

05omegav6

Re: Wishbone with polly fronts question
« Reply #15 on: 22 July 2014, 20:29:50 »

There is a durable poly solution :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2014, 21:36:30 »

More info required  :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #17 on: 22 July 2014, 22:50:17 »

Extra info is. They will likely snap the wishbone off due to fatigue.

Sorry Al, but I really don't think its wise to recommend them to others. Especially given Razzo's experiences. Where the arm snapped off while driving. :(

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 July 2014, 23:57:16 »

I've got a set of bushes that Razzo made but due to the issues TB had I decided not to fit them until those issues had been resolved.

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 23 July 2014, 02:18:28 »

Will have to agree to disagree on that point :y

They're totally different to the bushes that Razzo made/fitted and after 18 months or so, there's no sign of wear or stressing to the wishbones... None.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 23 July 2014, 06:29:37 »

If anyone knows someone who does mechanical component testing/inspection then I will volunteer my wishbones for inspection, and also a refurbished wishbone and subframe for destructive testing to establish some sort of life expectancy for my poly vertical bush...

Can't say fairer than that :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 July 2014, 08:14:35 »

Are yours the ones I've seen pictured on here that offer some degree of pivot? They comprised of black and yellow polly components iirc

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 23 July 2014, 12:16:36 »

Are yours the ones I've seen pictured on here that offer some degree of pivot? They comprised of black and yellow polly components iirc
All black now, but yes :y they allow full range of movement...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 July 2014, 13:53:28 »

So that means i'll have to change the bushes (probably better to have another pair of wishbones prepared and just slot the front polys out of the existing into the replacement wishbone) twice a year at current annual mileage....   .....Which also entails having a full geo every time as well.

Great!  >:(

Just set yourself up with the tools required to press the bushes in and out and you can delete the geo setup from that.

FWIW, my first set of rear bushes following poly bushing the front lasted WAY longer than 20k and they were a long way from new when I fitted the polys. I think it depends on the source of bushes (these were on a £50 set of wishbones).
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 July 2014, 18:09:36 »

Pushing the bushes in and out isn't really a problem, the garage I use for MOT's will happily do that for me for a pint!

Currently undecided on the route I will take, would like to know a bit more about Al's version including the costs and now I do have four genuine GM brand new (in sealed packets) rear bushes on their way to me for £5 each... At that price I thought I might as well get a pair for the 3.2 in readiness!

Just to note, I'm wrong in saying these wishbones have GM rear bushes in them, this car has Lemforder rear bushes as I never took them out when I got them, It was the wishbones on the 3.2 (again Lemforder wishbones) that I put GM bushes in. That occurred because I took the original ones out thinking I would fit the Razzo ones in until Jamie had some issues with the same setup that he wasn't 100% sure of the source of.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.