Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Seems to be a lock on my estate rear towing eye cover  (Read 2279 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Seems to be a lock on my estate rear towing eye cover
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2014, 23:27:02 »

The quality looks OK to me. There is not a mark on it, no splits, seems securely attached to the body. The car was the wife's car, she now has a Vectra 3.2. She must have been a careful driver.

The Vectra 3.2 engine is like my Omega 3.2, transverse, and does not have the twin dual rams. Instead there are semicirclar pipes outside the manifolds, also stepper motors or something similar on the ends of each bank. Are these twin throttles, or perhaps variable valve timing? Looks tricky to change the cam belt.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2014, 08:02:35 »

Basically the same engine, but just with a different intake setup. And engine mounts in a different place, obviously ;D

3.2 Vectra with manual transmission is a great fun car to drive and hooning around in, really is quite quick in a straight line :y (though I couldn't live with that chassis and suspension day to day)
Grumpy old man

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2014, 12:05:52 »

Basically the same engine, but just with a different intake setup. And engine mounts in a different place, obviously ;D

3.2 Vectra with manual transmission is a great fun car to drive and hooning around in, really is quite quick in a straight line :y (though I couldn't live with that chassis and suspension day to day)

B8's and Eibach springs transforms the handling, turned my old Signum into completely different car!

Funnily enough working on the transverse 3.2 is FAR easier. The intake and plenum arrangement is held on with 6 bolts, only 3 or 4 other things to unclip and it all comes out, FBW and no bagpipes help, did both cam covers in less than 30 mins from start to finish, full plug change in about 15mins, in a car park in Northampton!

The top half of the plenum comes apart, held on by 12 or so screws, do you can get right into the plenum and clean it properly, still works on same principle as the Omega version just 'neater'

The B'stard bolt is still a B'stard when doing the thermostat!  :D

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2014, 12:24:09 »

Got it off - pics follow. screw is 18.6mm diameter and 15.5mm long. Nut has 22mm AH hexagon. Ideal solution is to get a key for it. Otherwise buy a similar lock with key. Failing that, organise a humbler but tidy replacement. Please advise.
]https://www.dropbox.com/s/tapf3ef44nsn9sq/bumper%26lock40%25.jpg[url]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90fgjwt6028vo1b/lock40%25.jpg[/url]

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2014, 12:38:44 »

Grammatical error in previos post. Here is other pic.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tapf3ef44nsn9sq/bumper%26lock40%25.jpg
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.