Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lazy Door Motor. Drivers.  (Read 935 times)

Duke01

• Southampton
    • 03 3.2 Elite Lpg
    • View Profile
Lazy Door Motor. Drivers.
« on: 15 January 2020, 21:40:26 »

Im aware that the door locking motors can be repaired with replacement switches, but is that when they dont work at all?

Mine unlocks with the fob but doesnt come up high enough any more, you have to open the rear door and pull it up, or i usually use the key, in which case it works fine.

Any ideas?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Door Motor. Drivers.
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2020, 05:18:28 »

Remove it and inspect both it and the latch mechanism.

Test the solenoid for free movement and also the mechanism. Clean the mechanism and thoroughly re oil it. However, if it is particularly rusty, you're better off replacing it before it seizes completely.

Also is there a 1-2" split along the rear end of the outside door seal along the bottom edge of the window? If yes, you'll want to address this as it allows water to drip straight onto the latch mechanism, ultimately causing most of your issue...
Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Door Motor. Drivers.
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2020, 10:09:30 »

Im aware that the door locking motors can be repaired with replacement switches, but is that when they dont work at all?

Mine unlocks with the fob but doesnt come up high enough any more, you have to open the rear door and pull it up, or i usually use the key, in which case it works fine.

Any ideas?
When I have experienced the same symptoms as yourself, it has simply been the solenoid (motor) that is on its way out.
A good used replacement has always cured it. Never bothered repairing them; the ones I have taken off breakers for peanuts have always been good and have sorted the same issues as you are having. Whilst you are in there, it is a good idea to lubricate the lock mechanism as well.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.