Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday night Driving quiz mk1  (Read 4135 times)

Ronald_McBurger

Re: Sunday night Driving quiz mk1
« Reply #75 on: 09 July 2007, 09:31:33 »

I can assure you all the answers were correct.

There are 5 stud colours. White between lanes, amber for the central reservation, Red for the hard shoulder, green for slip roads and as said blue for the little raise ramps the police park on top of.

The M8 in glasgow does indeed have a right turn from the fast lane, no it isn't onto another motorway.

Yes, candidates do have to answer the show me/tell me questions, BUT the questions are down to the examiner who ncan choose from a set list. It does not mean they MUST open the bonnet unless that is a question that requires it, ie: show me where the oil goes.

Priority is obviously with the traffic on the main road that both you and the other driver wish to join.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 July 2007, 09:37:54 »

The M8 in glasgow does indeed have a right turn from the fast lane, no it isn't onto another motorway.

Interesting. Cape Town has these all over the motorways that run through the city. Many of them are simply blanked off and don't go anywhere. Rumour has it the construction company who designed the network of flyovers, raised motorway sections, etc. was drafted in from the US and they failed to notice that South Africans drive on the Left (correct!) side of the road until after they'd poured the concrete so most of the exits are from the wrong side of the motorway!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #77 on: 09 July 2007, 10:01:00 »

So I had 2 (23), mis read 1 (4), missed amber and blue (1), and didn't know (5)

Sounds bad but not that bad really.

I haven't seen the blue catseyes (not noticed on M5 and I know of two car ramps locally), but then I haven't done a night time motorway run for ages.

4 I misread as two turning off a main road into side roads (tired)

I knew there was 1 or 2 motorways with right turns.

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #78 on: 09 July 2007, 12:12:37 »

As I used to live in South africa I must say I am surprised to hear that. Certainly around Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria that isn't the case. All those roads were build by local companies, not American.

Martin, blue cats eyes are to assist the police with locating the ramps from a distance.

Great fun quiz. Interesting how easy it is to misread a question or two, just like real driving.

I'll muster up some more for next week.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09 July 2007, 12:46:38 »

As I used to live in South africa I must say I am surprised to hear that.

Well, it was pointed out by a local tour guide so maybe a bit of poetic licence there?

There were certainly quite a few sliproads from the outside lane that just stopped after 100 yds or so.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STMO123

« Reply #80 on: 09 July 2007, 12:49:03 »

As I used to live in South africa I must say I am surprised to hear that.

Well, it was pointed out by a local tour guide so maybe a bit of poetic licence there?

There were certainly quite a few sliproads from the outside lane that just stopped after 100 yds or so.

Kevin

I just can't believe that Americans would stupid enough to do something like that ::) ::)

BTW Where's Theo?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.