Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Prix. ... The Killer Years  (Read 3420 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Prix. ... The Killer Years
« Reply #15 on: 13 June 2017, 13:34:42 »

My Mum was one of the St John's crew that took Stirling Moss from his near fatal crash at Goodwood...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 June 2017, 21:25:56 »

This is a great watch. Seen it a few times now. There's some very scary stuff in it. Definitely not for the faaint hearted.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #17 on: 14 June 2017, 01:21:04 »

Seen it at least 3 times now, but am still shocked and horrified each time I see the footage of David Purley desperately trying to help Roger Williamson.

Not for the faint hearted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkH3X0XIvU

Hate seeing that footage as Roger Williamson was a good mate when I lived in Leicester in the 60s, and we had kept in touch up until his death.  I had raced against him on a number of times when he was running his Holbay Anglia in the 60s, in my Cooper S, and managed to beat him a couple of times.  Certainly not a nice way to go - full marks to David Purley for his efforts - the mashalls at Zandvoort seemed particularly inept!
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 June 2017, 07:52:28 »

I have a tape of real old time racing[20's/30's]when they carried riding mechanics.Drivers didn't use to strap themselves into cars reasoning that they stood a better chance of survival by being thrown clear of a crashed car than being strapped in [a possibly burning]wreck.Pat of the footage is quite amusing[for want of a better expression]where a car pulls into the pits for fuel and two blokes in flat caps and brown smock coats bung a funnel into the filler neck and pour fuel in from what looks to be a milk churn and both of them have got Woodbines[other cig brands were available]on the go :D :D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 June 2017, 11:40:09 »

I have a tape of real old time racing[20's/30's]when they carried riding mechanics.Drivers didn't use to strap themselves into cars reasoning that they stood a better chance of survival by being thrown clear of a crashed car than being strapped in [a possibly burning]wreck.Pat of the footage is quite amusing[for want of a better expression]where a car pulls into the pits for fuel and two blokes in flat caps and brown smock coats bung a funnel into the filler neck and pour fuel in from what looks to be a milk churn and both of them have got Woodbines[other cig brands were available]on the go :D :D ;D

Health and Safety is fine when kept at a low level. I wouldn't send anyone down a mine filled with gas without a canary. :)

Health and Safety 'gone mad' is a different thing altogether. :-\

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.