Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heater Matrix change  (Read 1293 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Heater Matrix change
« on: 25 March 2020, 16:24:04 »

If I need to take the dash out to fix my electrical problem, then I may as well do the Heater Matrix as well at the same time. Given that it looks like we'll be in full Apocolypse lockdown for Easter, and my local VX dealer is shut anyway, what's the best source of a new Matrix?

Needs to be mail order and still delivering. Any 'reccomended' or 'wouldn't touch with a bargepole' brands?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Heater Matrix change
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2020, 16:55:33 »

Nissens are good for main radiator so if they do a matrix I'd go for one of those.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2020, 17:00:51 »

Fitted a Nissens to my old 2.5 some years ago.Good fit and around £35 from local factor,but it did lack the end packing foam blocks and naturally the 2 rubber 0 rings for the connecting pipes.

Given they were originally stated GM parts only but sure any good quality 0 ring kit would have something that fitted and did the job

Darius

• Omega 2.2 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2020, 19:04:44 »

It's a pig of a job if done as in the manual.

There is a post somewhere where you cut your way through to get access to the heater and you don't need to remove the dashboard.

Got it.  See Heater matrix replacement at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90621.0
« Last Edit: 31 March 2020, 19:17:12 by Darius »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2020, 23:35:33 »

Ordered a Nissens one off eBay, and it arrived next day before 10am. Less than £20 delivered - bargain.

It's a pig of a job if done as in the manual.

There is a post somewhere where you cut your way through to get access to the heater and you don't need to remove the dashboard.

Got it.  See Heater matrix replacement at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90621.0

Yeah - saw that. It's an auto, but I'm not keen on such butchery myself. However, I've got an electrical issue at the moment, (keeps blowing fuse F15) and I think I've ruled out most things and it's looking increasingly likely it's the wiring behind the dash somewhere. In which case the dash will have to come out to fix it and if the dash is out I can do the heater matrix without resorting to butchery. :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2020, 11:15:31 »

Fitted a Nissens to my old 2.5 some years ago.Good fit and around £35 from local factor,but it did lack the end packing foam blocks and naturally the 2 rubber 0 rings for the connecting pipes.

Given they were originally stated GM parts only but sure any good quality 0 ring kit would have something that fitted and did the job

When I fitted my €16 from ATP matrix, I replaced the damaged original seals with the same size O-rings. They leaked, which I cured by reassembling the connector with a smear of sealant. The original seals have a square section and O-rings are round, which means the grooves are sized differently. Not particularly important on a low pressure cooling system, when a little chemical help does the job, but use the correct parts on hydraulic or gas systems!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.