Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Brexit deal  (Read 3415 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: New Brexit deal
« Reply #15 on: 17 October 2019, 16:39:42 »

I suspect that Boris has merely polished May's turd a bit and things like continuing jurisdiction of the ECJ, the money, EU military, fishing rights, people from the EU having some kind of privileged super citizen status, the transition period, etc are still there.  :-\

Absolutely spot on. What should happen now is a two hour programme on all the main channels on Friday night explaining in detail the whole deal. Then a two hour phone in with questions asked of the government negotiating team live.

Instead we will have endless speculation by the news pundits.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 17 October 2019, 16:48:56 »

It's getting quite interesting now. The Liberal Undemocrats will howl if they are actually faced with such a stark choice.
Meanwhile, anti brexit campaigner Jo Maugham QC has launched a legal bid in Scotland to stop Boris' deal as it is illegal with regards to NI.........apparently.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 October 2019, 16:49:01 »

I suspect that Boris has merely polished May's turd a bit and things like continuing jurisdiction of the ECJ, the money, EU military, fishing rights, people from the EU having some kind of privileged super citizen status, the transition period, etc are still there.  :-\

Yep......half in half out in many ways. Much like the time I lost my cherry. :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 October 2019, 16:51:10 »

Boris couldn't negotiate money off the retail price of a sofa at DFS. In January......

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 17 October 2019, 16:56:56 »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 October 2019, 17:04:13 »

According to Auntie Beeb there will be a fairly hard border down the Irish Sea, which will involve duty being paid by NI businesses buying goods from GB if it is deemed they are at risk of onward travel into the ROI.  If the goods stay in NI, then they can apply for a refund..  :-\

No wonder the DUP are pissed!  ::)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50083026
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 17 October 2019, 17:07:25 »

According to Auntie Beeb there will be a fairly hard border down the Irish Sea, which will involve duty being paid by NI businesses buying goods from GB if it is deemed they are at risk of onward travel into the ROI.  If the goods stay in NI, then they can apply for a refund..  :-\

It really doesn't matter, Sir Tig, it will never get through parliament. No 'deal' will ever get through, leaving only remain or leave with no deal.
I'm past fickin caring.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 October 2019, 17:24:00 »

It really doesn't matter, Sir Tig, it will never get through parliament. No 'deal' will ever get through, leaving only remain or leave with no deal.

I think it will. Not because it is in any way a great deal but because people just want brexit done and dusted.

The initial expectations of a win win brexit were overblown, This is the reality. Of course Boris will say that we have crushed the EU into submission and we have been given everything we 'demanded' ;)

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 17 October 2019, 17:43:56 »

I think it will. Not because it is in any way a great deal but because people just want brexit done and dusted.

The initial expectations of a win win brexit were overblown, This is the reality. Of course Boris will say that we have crushed the EU into submission and we have been given everything we 'demanded' ;)
Have you actually listened to any of the politicians on tv?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 October 2019, 17:45:24 »

Constantly......excessively. :-\

I'll bet my Signum against your house and your whippet (which I will sell to the local Chinese food outlet)
« Last Edit: 17 October 2019, 17:47:31 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 17 October 2019, 17:49:44 »

I'll bet my Signum against your house and your whippet (which I will sell to the local Chinese food outlet)
Wow! You must be 1000% sure to put your classic sigmund up for grabs  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 October 2019, 17:51:38 »

Wow! You must be 1000% sure to put your classic sigmund up for grabs  ::)

Yep......it's an appreciating classic but I'm willing to to take the risk. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 October 2019, 19:18:55 »

I was at that point about the time you personally left the EU ;D
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 October 2019, 00:30:10 »

I still think we’re better off coming out without a deal.. and I doubt they’ll vote for this crap deal Boris has conjured up.
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.