Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats  (Read 954 times)

lowtina

• View Profile
Heated seats
« on: 10 November 2007, 16:27:43 »

Hi all,

just purchased a 3.0 elite and it seems very good apart from some electrical niggles.

The first is the heated seats. The only one that seems to work is the passenger front. It gets warm at the rear of the base and bottom of the back (confused??? Sorry!!). All the others stay stone cold. I work with air con control systems so I though I could easily find the fault. Problem is, I have nothing to compare the measured values with. Wondered if you guys can help?

I took the rear seat out and checked the voltages out. Got 14v at the switch and 3v out from the switch when on. If I disconnect the heated backrest, voltage is 14v at the base element but still no heat. I then measured the resistances of the elements. Got about 80 ohms pass side, 68 ohms drivers side and 0 ohms (dead short??) on both backrest elements. This is the reason, I imagine, for the 11v voltage drop but are these resistances correct? Can't understand why the base doesn't heat up when the backrest is disconnected. Also, what should the resistances be on the front seats?? While I'm here, can you replace the bulbs in the dash switches? Driver's heated seat illumination is NFG.

Cheers.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2007, 19:39:26 »

Can't understand why the base doesn't heat up when the backrest is disconnected.  ......

cos the base & rear are wired up in series with each other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.