Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another electrical problem  (Read 1326 times)

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
Yet another electrical problem
« on: 12 July 2007, 12:09:10 »

Hello only had this car three weeks so still finding little problems which mainly seem to be electrical  ::) When I picked up the car I was told the headlamp bulb had just gone and he had not had chance to replace it not a problem, got home and found bulb ok but fuse had blown replaced fuse and ok since . Next problem was rear light failure warning was on,checked bulbs and all ok but looking at the lampholders they had been modifed ie fog lights had been wired seperatly and the switch was also modifed looks like something to do with the towbar wiring this is now all back to standard. the only problem now is if I turn lights on the rear fog lights come on now and again and have to be switched off they stay off ok but if the lights are turned off end back on the fog lights come back on any one got any ideas please  

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2007, 13:51:41 »

Sticking relay maybe?

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2007, 12:05:45 »

I would not have thought it would be a relay,reason being I can turn the rear fogs off and they will stay off if the relay was stuck/sticking they would not turn off. I think next job is to completly disconnect the towbar wiring and see what happens then I have a strange feeling it is related to this in some way. The towbar was fitted before I purchased the car so I will disconnect the wiring and start again , I need to fit a 12s socket anyway so will do themboth together    

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2007, 23:04:40 »

:) another job bits the dust  8-) I have now fitted a replacement complete light switch and the fogs are behaving now as they should be  :y So it looks like it was a faulty main switch
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.