Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hope prices don't go up  (Read 8470 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Hope prices don't go up
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2018, 14:26:41 »

I have a hand car wash operation near me that is staffed entirely by Eastern Europeans.  They do full valets as well, with it all being done on a production line basis. You queue up and gradually roll forward through the various stages of wash, all for sensible prices.  It is a great service, and they really do clean the car thoroughly. 

It is very popular, and if it was closed down due to bureaucracy I think that would be a great shame.  The lads all seem to be pleased for the custom, and I reckon, with the tips they get, they do all right, but I also recognise they will never become rich doing this work.  But to them it is work, it pays money, and probably gives them a chance to get a foothold to live in the UK, which is what they want away from the conditions they faced in their native lands. ;)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2018, 14:38:22 »

Charge me £7.00 for the 4x4 no matter how dirty it is sometimes it is cakes with mud do a great job, would quite happily pay a tenner if asked.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 April 2018, 15:32:56 »

Charge me £7.00 for the 4x4 no matter how dirty it is sometimes it is cakes with mud do a great job, would quite happily pay a tenner if asked.
  ;) £10 for a muddy hand job ?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 April 2018, 16:05:00 »

I have never paid someone to wash my car and I hope I never will. Cant see why an able bodied person would want to tbh.
The supermarket hand carwashes will wreck your paintwork in the end btw. The dirty water and strong chemicals do untold damage, which isn't visible in the short term.
Two bucket method, rinsed of with collected rainwater, then dried properly with microfibre towels is the only method I will use for the Omega.
As for the 190 - it gets the buckets of dirty water leftover from washing the Omega chucked over it.
I'm now going outside to wash mine.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 April 2018, 16:13:52 »

Agreed on the 2 bucket method although it means it doesn't get washed as often as it should. ::)

Frankly, I prefer to take it through a car wash than have anyone else hand wash it, for the reasons stated above, and because, if I drop the sponge, I make damn sure it's clean again before it goes anywhere near the bodywork.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 April 2018, 16:15:32 »

.. and collected rainwater is free (and plentiful, at the moment).

I have a system that pumps it into a tank in the rafters above my garage so there's enough head that the Karcher can run on it too.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 24 April 2018, 16:51:37 »

Fickin old women.  ;D I've never had any car wash do any damage to any car I've owned. Some of you are really showing your age.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 April 2018, 16:52:00 »

I have never paid someone to wash my car and I hope I never will. Cant see why an able bodied person would want to tbh.
The supermarket hand carwashes will wreck your paintwork in the end btw. The dirty water and strong chemicals do untold damage, which isn't visible in the short term.
Two bucket method, rinsed of with collected rainwater, then dried properly with microfibre towels is the only method I will use for the Omega.
As for the 190 - it gets the buckets of dirty water leftover from washing the Omega chucked over it.

Agreed.

However, there is a bone idle work shy scouser of this parish  who may disagree. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 April 2018, 17:20:07 »

Agreed.

However, there is a bone idle work shy scouser of this parish  who may disagree. :)

I think it helps him keep a low profile, where he was bragging on here the other day that it is over 2 years since he last had his collar felt. :P ::) ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #24 on: 24 April 2018, 20:00:16 »

Agree my Merc & the wifes Subaru are washed & polished properly , the 4x4 is a workhorse & treated as such.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 April 2018, 20:59:16 »

Must admit when it comes to my cars I'm one of the bone idle and on the rare occasions they get washed it's either bung the local immigrants a fiver or when the local fire station has a charity car wash[2 or 3 times a year]I nip round there and bung them a fiver for doing it.Having said that the last time the V70 was washed was middle of last year and the Omega was last washed about 3yrs ago so none of them are getting rich off me. :D Mind you the V70 is being washed as I type this by gods very own shampoo-yes it's raining ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2018, 08:28:06 »

Two bucket method, rinsed off with collected rainwater, then dried properly with microfibre towels is the only method I will use for the Omega.

You're worried about dirty water and chemicals, yet you rinse with rainwater? ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 April 2018, 09:09:25 »

It is very popular, and if it was closed down due to bureaucracy I think that would be a great shame. 

I don't think that cracking down on slavery and illegal immigration is just bureaucracy to be honest Lizzie.  :-X  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 April 2018, 09:53:58 »

Two bucket method, rinsed off with collected rainwater, then dried properly with microfibre towels is the only method I will use for the Omega.

You're worried about dirty water and chemicals, yet you rinse with rainwater? ::)

Yes, because its relatively pure compared to tap water. That's why it doesn't leave streaks all over the paintwork and tap water does, probably due to the chlorine content.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 25 April 2018, 10:05:59 »

Unless you live under a flightpath .. my memory of that is that even washing would come in off the line with interesting colours if it rained. Seems to be full of pollen and/or sand, too, based on what it leaves on my car after a shower..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.