Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facelift Elite 3.0  (Read 4049 times)

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
Facelift Elite 3.0
« on: 13 March 2012, 10:31:47 »

The time has come to sell my F/L 3.0 Elite (its an early F/l) - Its been very well cared for during my 4 years of ownership and I have reams of paperwork. Serviced every 10k miles , cambelt and waterpump always on schedule and no expense spared on anything that needed doing as the car was company funded ;).

In my ownership its had new rear springs and air shocks, oil cooler, HBV, several front wishbones (as you would expect) and other bits and bobs (brake disks, handbrake shoes etc). I've taken advantage of the OOF tech2 facility and had the gearbox , aircon and stereo system firmware updated.

SAI fuse is disconnected to stop it whining, and I dont think the BOSE subs work any more (all other speakers seem ok) but the stereo still sounds good to me. It looks like the cam covers are leaking although there was no oil in the plug wells last time I checked. Other than that everything works ok.

Not sure if there will be any interest due to mileage - its done 182k now. Last cambelt and waterpump change was carried out by our very own Darth loo-knee at 151k miles in may last year. Last service was by my local garage (not vauxhall but know their stuff with Omegas) at 181k few weeks ago.

Some bad points:
It has rust on the N/S rear wheel arch, and also a few bubbles where the windscreen joins the roof. Also lots of scratches and marks as you would expect with a car of this mileage - it might benefit from a T-Cut and polish. Leather is in good condition, carpets etc could probably do with a good clean.

I have no idea how to price this as there dont seem to be any high milers around for sale so I'm looking for £500. It still drives perfectly.

If there is any interest i will get off my lazy backside and take some pics - Its Dark metallic green in colour with what I guess would be described as dark cream interior, certainly more tan than white.

MOT Jun 2012 and around 3 months car tax remaining ( I need to check these as I dont have it with me today, I will correct this post later when I get home)

Oh and I am not a mechanic - this car has always been to the local garage (not vauxhall) for any work that needed doing so if you are interested please dont take my word for any of the above and make sure you check it out properly yourself.

Cheers

Dodsy

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
Re: Facelift Elite 3.0
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2012, 10:37:29 »

I cant seem to edit my initial post so one further thing I forgot - the engine sounds a bit tappety at startup but quietens down once hot. It was making this noise when I bought it ~4 (or was it 5) years ago when it had 71k miles on the clock. Its now got 182k miles on it and still makes the noise so I've stopped worrying about it!

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2012, 12:34:50 »

Finally got around to taking some pics

MOT is due 27-Jun, tax to 30-Apr

I will stick it through a car wash as you can see its filthy right now, and I will give the inside a quick clean too.

Bit of a downer, one of the kids was travel sick in it a few days back - its been cleaned 3 times and now has air fresheners in so should be ok but there may still be the odd smell about it !

Here you can see the n/s rear wheelarch rust

And a few rust bubbles on the o/s windscreen seal

Still some tread left on the fronts

Rears were brand new a few weeks ago

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2012, 21:27:21 »

Interior smells lovely again after 4 washes and a good febreze :)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2012, 21:54:49 »

dont seem to see a price.?

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2012, 21:56:09 »

dont seem to see a price.?
oops, im blind. sorry. ::)

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2012, 10:12:09 »

Well the price is so low its easy to miss  ;)

Looks like its sold now, My Mrs will be happy with only 3 cars on the drive now - that is until I buy my next car at the end of the week  ;D

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2012, 12:14:15 »

Still open to offers if anyone is interested - have an offer in place but until its collected and paid for its still up for grabs.

Insurance runs out in 12 days and I'm not going to mess around with SORN so if it isnt sold it goes to the scrappers as they've made me a fair offer.

Would be a shame to scrap such a nice car

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 April 2012, 20:52:49 »

Hello mate, I'm running around all over the place over the next few days, but if its still available early next week then I'll be keen  :y

bigdods

• Intermediate Member
  • Brackley
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2012, 14:25:38 »

Sold - now on to the hunt for my next waft mobile !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.