Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:19:38 
Started by Jim82 - Last post by TheBoy
I’ve only ever had one genuine ballpoint fail. And I ran all mine on genuine wishbones, which just kept getting refurbed apart from the first time when I bought a pair (back when they were dirt cheap).

That’s where I get that idea from.

Virtually all of the shagged ball joints I’ve seen have been on pattern arms. Most of them the shit provided (when they can be arsed to post) by ATP

on: Today at 11:15:21 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Viral_Jim

I reckon Robsey's V8 "Omega 2.5 estate" was pretty much perfect. Before he gave the game away by poking a blower through the bonnet!

Was this the one with Monaro running gear?

on: Today at 08:03:44 
Started by tomuxzz - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
That points towards an issue either with the cluster or the connection from the engine ECU.

The dash is the one major difference between the Catera and Omega, and without seeing behind the cluster there may be additional wiring/plugs for the extra displays/warnings.

I suspect that the alternator only feeds the charge light (and battery voltage gauge), whereas the rpm signal comes from the engine ECU information (crank and/or cam sensor).

If the pedal trick works*, any codes may highlight a discrepancy.

* It should as the car is DBW.

The speedometer issue is almost guaranteed to be unrelated.
But engine right on high rpm. Car starts to stall when accelerating. Maybe I should start with (crank and/or cam sensor)?
Previous owner said that they changed crank sensor from omega.

Fuel filter ok?

if it miss fires on acceleration that points to ignition voltage and coil packs

on: Today at 07:53:39 
Started by tomuxzz - Last post by tomuxzz
That points towards an issue either with the cluster or the connection from the engine ECU.

The dash is the one major difference between the Catera and Omega, and without seeing behind the cluster there may be additional wiring/plugs for the extra displays/warnings.

I suspect that the alternator only feeds the charge light (and battery voltage gauge), whereas the rpm signal comes from the engine ECU information (crank and/or cam sensor).

If the pedal trick works*, any codes may highlight a discrepancy.

* It should as the car is DBW.

The speedometer issue is almost guaranteed to be unrelated.
But engine right on high rpm. Car starts to stall when accelerating. Maybe I should start with (crank and/or cam sensor)?
Previous owner said that they changed crank sensor from omega.

on: Today at 07:22:06 
Started by yousef - Last post by yousef
Yes sir they sent me a photo of the crack, it is between the valve and headbolt .
so it is compression only.

on: Yesterday at 23:08:48 
Started by Varche - Last post by Doctor Gollum
People don't seem to have an issue drowning rats.

on: Yesterday at 23:06:08 
Started by Jim82 - Last post by Doctor Gollum
To me, the only thing the originals do better than refurbished ones is that the ball joints are rivetted on, not bolted.
The balljoints usually last nearly forever, and the rear bushes are dirt cheap and readily available.  Once you fit the other shite, you lose these benefits.

Obviously, if you only plan on keeping it another 18 months, it's a moot point. As if somebody has already put pattern ones on.
Every Omega I have ever owned has required ball joints, so not sure where you get that idea from. :-\

on: Yesterday at 22:11:23 
Started by VXL V6 - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
Hoping to move house at some point this year and parking four cars just isn't going to be feasible. I also know that the Silver Omega just doesn't get used and is really an ornament. Plan is to pop it in for an MOT then take the 6 pot brakes off it and return to standard setup along with the standard wheels and steering wheel, grill etc.

Once I get around to sorting that out i'll advertise it on here first, not that I think anyone would want to pay what I want for it. :(

I've had this car 15 Years, can't believe it!

A mate in Norn Irn was recently asking me if I knew of a nice V6 Omega for sale. Must be silver because the RUC ones were Silver and him being a retired member, is a bit sentimental about them in silver.
If you could let me know when it comes up for sale, I will mention it to him.
Cheers.  :y

on: Yesterday at 22:08:07 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
I think that was for sale on ebay recently. Wouldnt want an estate myself, but otherwise a lovely thing.

on: Yesterday at 21:45:31 
Started by Varche - Last post by Raeturbo
Bring them in on our boats and send them back on a plane😱. FFS🤬. You couldn’t make it up it’s bloody criminal. And we have veterans starving on the F@king streets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.