Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Terminating a SKY contract . .Help  (Read 3031 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Terminating a SKY contract . .Help
« Reply #16 on: 07 February 2016, 05:59:00 »

The only thing about giving notice early is beware of your broadband.  When I cancelled due to a house move I did it with 4 weeks notice, I only needed to give 2 I was told.  2 weeks later and 2 weeks before I was due to move my broadband was cut off because they had already gone through the motions.  The kicker was that it takes 2 weeks to set up broadband through BT so there was nothing they could do.

As I needed internet for work I had to use my phone.  My bill for that month was nearly £400.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 February 2016, 06:19:44 »

The only thing about giving notice early is beware of your broadband.  When I cancelled due to a house move I did it with 4 weeks notice, I only needed to give 2 I was told.  2 weeks later and 2 weeks before I was due to move my broadband was cut off because they had already gone through the motions.  The kicker was that it takes 2 weeks to set up broadband through BT so there was nothing they could do.

As I needed internet for work I had to use my phone.  My bill for that month was nearly £400.

Try running an Internet based company where they fail to connect you twice, with their non-negotiable lead in time! Hence now it is anybody apart from BT!
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

powerslinky

« Reply #18 on: 07 February 2016, 07:23:44 »

This all seems pretty straightforward:

http://help.sky.com/articles/remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription

It may seem straightforward Steve . . . but from what I read  it was far from it . However since Ofcom have got involved it may be easier now.  You simply do not get a reply from online chat if you select "Cancel Sky " button ::)

Anyway gonna send the e mail & a letter terminating on 8th May.   Will keep you posted :-\ :-\
Just don't get the gist of what you're saying, Al. Ring up on 150 and cancel.

Ah  :-\    this 150 number  . . .works if you have Sky Talk I guess . . . I don't    only TV with them 

so phone calls to Sky/s  0844 numbers cost me a lot :o    and when they keep you on the phone , in some cases up to &

beyond 90 minutes, saying they have to go through "the process", which is basicly not taking no for answer that you want

to cancel.  But as said  am going to e mail & write my cancelation.   Sadly I can't link to some of the stuff I was reading

about people having a nightmare cancelling . I know that you can't believe all you read , but it was a friend of mine who

tipped me off that he had real difficulty in cancelling, which is why i looked into it in the first place  ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 February 2016, 07:47:18 »

If you send a letter stating you are terminating your contract on X date add the following elements:

- Opt out of any permission you have given them, or any 3rd parties, to contact you for marketing purposes (including trying to pursuade you to stay)
- Tell them that contacting you try and get you to prolong the contract will be considered marketing.
- Give the exact dates of key events, (last date of service, last billing cycle, return of box, etc)
- State that you do not wish to be contacted unless it is directly concerning termination details or other important account issues.
- State that you will consider any breach of the above as contravening the Data Protection Act 1998 and that you will pursue for damages.

Send it recorded and keep the receipt.

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 07 February 2016, 11:01:01 »

Box is owned by the subscriber. I have two multi-room boxes upstairs, which sky told me would turn into freesat boxes when I cancelled my subscription.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 February 2016, 11:10:37 »

Box is owned by the subscriber. I have two multi-room boxes upstairs, which sky told me would turn into freesat boxes when I cancelled my subscription.
I think you have to get a (free/nominal cost) viewing card from Sky for them to receive free broadcasts (not sure its quite the full freesat lineup though). Any recording facilities are also disabled as well I believe.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 07 February 2016, 11:27:59 »

I think you have to get a (free/nominal cost) viewing card from Sky for them to receive free broadcasts (not sure its quite the full freesat lineup though). Any recording facilities are also disabled as well I believe.
I just kept my viewing cards, Sky were OK with that (well, they never mentioned anything). Of course, Sky+ is disabled. And you're right about the available channels, not full freesat, mostly just terrestrial channels through a dish.

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 07 February 2016, 12:02:13 »

I'm going to change my contract with three to sim only when my contract is up in April. They will try and make it awkward, I'm sure, but it will happen. :)
Just done it. As I was within a set time from the end of my contract, it was all fine. £11 a month instead of £26. Reset my phone to factory and intend to use it for calls and texts only, although I still have 1Gb of data if I need it.
Yipee.....no more emails from Argos and the like while I'm driving.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 February 2016, 13:44:31 »

I just kept my viewing cards, Sky were OK with that (well, they never mentioned anything). Of course, Sky+ is disabled. And you're right about the available channels, not full freesat, mostly just terrestrial channels through a dish.
Yes, what I meant is an active viewing card with Sky.  You're old full Sky cards will do, as Sky can change your entitlements to the free stuff :y.
Grumpy old man

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2016, 18:58:21 »

snip

so phone calls to Sky/s  0844 numbers cost me a lot :o    and when they keep you on the phone , in some cases up to & beyond 90 minutes,

/snip

Sky Cancellations 03332 022 135 -----  That number is the same price as a standard Geographic call from BT etc.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

powerslinky

« Reply #26 on: 09 February 2016, 19:13:11 »

snip

so phone calls to Sky/s  0844 numbers cost me a lot :o    and when they keep you on the phone , in some cases up to & beyond 90 minutes,

/snip

Sky Cancellations 03332 022 135 -----  That number is the same price as a standard Geographic call from BT etc.

Thanks  . . . . where was that number hiding then  :-\

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 February 2016, 00:59:26 »

snip

/snip

Thanks  . . . . where was that number hiding then  :-\

Very cleverly disguised in full view on the Sky Website  ;D

https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv/cancel-sky-tv  (Click 'Call our Sky experts')
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 February 2016, 20:32:53 »

Very impressed with Sky. Today cancelled my aunt's Sky TV in 10 minutes start to finish. She is going in a home and Sky could not have been more helpful. Full marks.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.