Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Aux socket/Bluetooth  (Read 5065 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: Aux socket/Bluetooth
« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2016, 09:41:06 »

If using a CCR2006 WITHOUT BOSE

Then you can fit an i0 Play 2 on the speaker outputs and this will give you Bluetooth Phone, streaming and a stereo input -as it has its own built in amp, it drives the speakers when used without the need for the head unit. Hard to find new, but a few secondhand ones cropping up

http://www.my-io.com/products/io-play2-overview/

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2016, 20:02:01 »

do you just want it to play mp3? a simple solution is to get a cassette adapter. the very cheap basic ones that provide a jack plug to connect to a mp3 device are poor quality but i've found the ones with built in mp3 player that read a SD card are great. plus a remote control. they play through the car's tape head so not quite cd quality but much better than cassette tape quality.  type 131622831861 or 291374776697 into ebay i think that is the one I have.  only £4.99 or so

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #17 on: 10 February 2016, 09:51:31 »

do you just want it to play mp3? a simple solution is to get a cassette adapter. the very cheap basic ones that provide a jack plug to connect to a mp3 device are poor quality but i've found the ones with built in mp3 player that read a SD card are great. plus a remote control. they play through the car's tape head so not quite cd quality but much better than cassette tape quality.  type 131622831861 or 291374776697 into ebay i think that is the one I have.  only £4.99 or so

OK if your cassette deck is an old fashioned "manual" deck with a big lever to press to eject it, but don`t use on an electronically loading deck as they can cause a lot of expensive problems, including combustion !!

:-X
www.dndservices.co.uk

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 February 2016, 17:21:36 »

For what its worth, I fitted a single DIN bluetooth HU and a 1/2 DIN VW cup holder as it cured my 2 of my 3 biggest bugbears with the car. The 3rd (being 2 cylinders short of a proper engine) is not so easy to fix

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=43963.msg1675616#msg1675616

I've since cut a blanking plate to fit between the two. The setup works well with the obvious exception of the cup holder blocking my view of the HU when its open. However as its mostly controlled from my phone (mounted in cradle) and comes with a remote for volume etc its not an issue day to day. It was also the neatest solution I could come up with to add BT and a cup holder to the car.

Then again, seeing as I couldn't get my CD multichanger cassette out of the HU when the gearbox was in Park, I feel shoddy ergonomics are kind of in keeping with the vibe of the omega centre console  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 February 2016, 18:37:51 »

Hmm, Drinks above a HU.

My mate had something similar on his Audi RS4, needless to say the Stereo didn't last long, especially when his Misses drove around corners  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 February 2016, 18:39:37 »

I used a cassette adapter in a ccr600 for a while, with no issues. I think it was just a cheapie from whatever predated poundland/lidl etc
Grumpy old man

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 February 2016, 22:00:01 »

OK if your cassette deck is an old fashioned "manual" deck with a big lever to press to eject it, but don`t use on an electronically loading deck as they can cause a lot of expensive problems, including combustion !!

had mine nearly 4 years now and no problems.  it has no wires it is just a cassette shell so nothing to get stuck.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #22 on: 11 February 2016, 09:51:47 »

had mine nearly 4 years now and no problems.  it has no wires it is just a cassette shell so nothing to get stuck.

The problem is that they are fractionally larger than a standard cassette unit, and where they have been copied / molded / mass produced over the years, the physical dimensions have changed, not by much, but enough to cause a bit of drag and resistance on the cassette cradle where they are inserted, and thats without the challenge of any wires getting in the way.

Manual decks are not too bad, you just have to press the buttons a bit harder to eject it, whereas electronic decks may struggle causing the plastic load gears to shatter. Yes, I know that many of you will reply by saying that once its in there, it will stay in there, but unlike a mechanical deck, if there is a power outage or detected fault with an electronic deck, it will often cycle the cassette in and out again, often without your knowledge, and this is where the problems can arise. We still see a lot of cassette units here for repair, as MP3 is still notoriously hard to accomplish in classic cars.

I know of at least 2 units now where the load motors have overheated whilst this was happening, and because the fuses in the rear were "upgraded" due to poor maintenance, the dash caught fire on both occasions. One superficial, one was a write off. Ok, its rare, but it can happen.
www.dndservices.co.uk

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 February 2016, 21:35:50 »

Hmm, Drinks above a HU.

My mate had something similar on his Audi RS4, needless to say the Stereo didn't last long, especially when his Misses drove around corners  ;D

Ha yeah, possibly not the best of ideas but I picked up a genuine vw cup holder which holds drinks securely. I've never had a spillage yet. Then again perhaps my 2.2 estate can't generate quite the lateral g's of an rs4!

Discoja

• Peterborough
    • Omega 2.2 dti cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 March 2016, 22:02:43 »

Undecided as to what to do now. Keep as a standard unit, or change to something more up to date. Decisions decisions. 
Of all the things I've ever lost, my mind I miss the most.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 March 2016, 04:45:28 »

Just fit a parrot mki9000/mk9200.. Bluetooth and aux and usb, and takes sd memory card.Plugs into std loom. Display still works. :y
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.