Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mind boggling  (Read 5539 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Mind boggling
« Reply #15 on: 07 June 2018, 06:18:48 »

What I don't understand is, non-stop or not, why the Hell would you want to come to this Country if you live in Australia….

Culture, history, family roots, an absence of poisonous creatures..... I thought about mentioning, English spoken properly, manners and civilised behaviour, but they are from a bygone era now.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 June 2018, 07:30:57 »

Yes it's the latter points you list I was thinking of!

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 June 2018, 07:32:05 »

So I'm given to believe!!!  ;D :D

Ron.

A dry pussy is never good. :)

Too dry and it will peel your cock like a banana if you are in a hurry.

No messing with you Dr. opti  . . . say it as it is  . . .   however blunt to the point   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 June 2018, 07:37:30 »

From an airlines point of view it makes a lot of sense, where as it is much more fuel efficient without an additional landing and takeoff plus the extra airport fees, which not only includes the aircraft fees, but also fees per passenger.

This results in cheaper ticket prices and most people buy within reason the cheapest. This applies to most items in price or popularity lists: The top one will get about 65% of the sales, number 2 about 20%, number 3 about 10% and everybody else about 5%. ;) It is a brutal steep sided pyramid. :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 June 2018, 08:42:38 »

There's actually alot happening along the west coast, but it is all proper work rather than desk jockeys ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 June 2018, 09:14:04 »

There's actually alot happening along the west coast, but it is all proper work rather than desk jockeys ::)

Western Australia was my favourite part of the country.  Amazing white sandy beaches on the warm waters of the Indian Ocean and you don't have to go far to find yourself in proper wilderness!  8)  I'm sure though that with the oil and gas boom of recent years it is much change from when I was there 20 years ago.  :-\ 

One thing that I'm sure hasn't changed is the pesky flies, there are shit loads of them buzzing around.  Every house has fly screens fitted to the doors and windows and it's a serious offence to go out and leave the fly screen door open.  :o  People quickly start jumping up and down!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 June 2018, 11:14:11 »

What I don't understand is, non-stop or not, why the Hell would you want to come to this Country if you live in Australia….

Culture, history, family roots, an absence of poisonous creatures..... I thought about mentioning, English spoken properly, manners and civilised behaviour, but they are from a bygone era now.
Then there's the beer that's actually drinkable... ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 June 2018, 11:24:14 »

From an airlines point of view it makes a lot of sense, where as it is much more fuel efficient without an additional landing and takeoff plus the extra airport fees, which not only includes the aircraft fees, but also fees per passenger.

This results in cheaper ticket prices and most people buy within reason the cheapest. This applies to most items in price or popularity lists: The top one will get about 65% of the sales, number 2 about 20%, number 3 about 10% and everybody else about 5%. ;) It is a brutal steep sided pyramid. :-[

Yep, an airliner in cruising flight is actually very efficient. It's getting it there through all the taxying, take-offs, landings and low level stooging around through complex airspace systems that are costly on fuel. If you can minimise that activity to happen only twice per journey there are serious advantages. I do wonder how much they have had to compromise on the loading to stretch the range this far, however.

But.. given how painful airports are to negotiate these days, I would happily pay a premium to avoid a stopover. Once I'm in my seat I really don't care how long I have to stay there.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 June 2018, 12:11:28 »

Yes, of course . . . .

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=142741.0

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 June 2018, 13:06:27 »

Point proven.  :y ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 June 2018, 14:49:59 »

Several Diazepam and a large scotch and I'd sleep the majority of the way  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 June 2018, 17:25:58 »

Then there's the beer that's actually chewable... ::)
FYFY Mr W...
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 June 2018, 18:39:00 »

I just couldn't go to Aussie land because of the spiders they have :o

If I did have the courage though I love to join one of those drivers of their road trains on their trek across the country. I reckon you would really see the real Australia 8)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 June 2018, 18:54:59 »

If I did have the courage though I love to join one of those drivers of their road trains on their trek across the country. I reckon you would really see the real Australia 8)

Those Aussie spiders must be pretty lazy I reckon.  :-\

Did I mention the flies?  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 June 2018, 18:57:09 »

Like dirt roads and scorpions. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.