Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - No Multirams!  (Read 3801 times)

Sir_Mixalot

Re: Help - No Multirams!
« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2006, 18:38:10 »

marks dtm calib - both the connectors on my vaccume tank are more or less in a line (i.e. no left/right).

what else would be a symptom of the two being the wrong way round (appart from non-working multirams) as everything else seems fine on the car? - gonna go out now and swap them over anyway see it it makes a difference.

cheers.

Sir_Mixalot

« Reply #16 on: 16 September 2006, 13:39:09 »

Tried to swap them but no joy - the two pipes have different connectors on them ("longer" connector has a thinner join on it, probably only a couple of mm in diameter).

Will try to get a photo of the vac tank from face on with a camera with a flash to put this to rest once and for all.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 September 2006, 13:47:53 »

Other item worth checking is that the vac pipes are connected to the solenoids correctly.

The feed should be on the end and the output on the side, the valve vents the output to atmosphere when the valve is closed to let the vaccum escape so if you get it wrong the vac leaks and the actuators dont operate.

STMO123

« Reply #18 on: 16 September 2006, 21:16:50 »

Had a proper look and found out why mine are not working today. When I had my cambelt changed recently whoever removed all the intake stuff at the front must have lost patience and yanked it out(or forced it back in).

The plastic bit on the side of the solenoid must have got caught and snapped off. so, instead of admitting he'd made a mistake and replacing it(not a big job by the look of it) the f***er GLUED it back on. It was'nt even superglue or something thin, it was like epoxy and had blocked everything up.

Of course, I wont be able to prove he did it, but, this is the same garage I wrote about a good while ago, who said they didn't want to do any more work for me. Wonder why?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 September 2006, 19:32:12 »

Easy enough to get a replacement as they are the same on the front and rear multiram plus the air injection valve.

STMO123

« Reply #20 on: 18 September 2006, 13:35:38 »

Just fitted a new solenoid valve. Multirams are now working fine. I took it for a spin and there is definately a big improvement at the bottom end of the range, eg. when taking off. Still not much improvement at mid range though, shall have to investigate further.

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 September 2006, 14:06:43 »

Any advice yet on a constantly switch solenoid?
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

STMO123

« Reply #22 on: 18 September 2006, 14:19:58 »

Any advice yet on a constantly switch solenoid?

As Mark said earlier, front and back are exactly the same. Only thing I could suggest is that you swap them over and see if conditions remain the same. If so, I would say that the solenoids themselves are OK and that would indeed point to an electrical problem.
Sorry I cant be of any more help.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.