Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lpg bulk supplier.  (Read 1024 times)

feeutfo

lpg bulk supplier.
« on: 11 June 2009, 01:02:52 »

anyone managed to find one? Have hurd storys about paying a supplier up front, say £100 worth, and getting a much cheaper price per litre.

Also hurd recently re somebody owning 4 4wheel drives to service a large area of land, presumably a farm or similar. When asked if they where expensive to run. He replyed 37p a litre for lpg. He had an lpg tank installed on his land and had it filled in bulk at that price by a tanker. I wondered if this tank also supplyed farm equipment and possibly buildings in what could well be a remote area.

Not saying i want a tank installed in my front garden in a residential area, but bulk buying obviously has advantages.... it would seem anyway.

I guess there is the possibility at the moment, of the supplier going bust before you need the fuel, and if they only open during office hours that may cause problems getting to them while your at work. Fine for shift workers like me though. :-)
Anyone?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: lpg bulk supplier.
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2009, 09:04:39 »

There's been a lot of discussion about this on http://www.lpgforum.co.uk but the general consensus is that it probably wouldn't be a great help to have your own tank. There was talk of a few members having a tank and letting other forum users fill up but don't think it took off due to the expense :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2009, 09:11:25 »

I'm guessing that the 37 p/ltr does NOT include the Road Fuel Duty element of tax. It's a bit like those folk with LPG central heating, the gas purchased is not for use "on the road" - think red diesel :)

Now, AFAIK there would be no way the Customs guys could check what LPG you have in your tank, but if they found out/proved you were using the stuff you would be in court PDQ.

So I would question if the costs/risks are worth it in that maner.

If you were to install your own tank and pay the duty, I think the costs of the tank install would outweigh the savings of simple bulk purchase and make it uneconomic

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2009, 09:20:44 »

We have a refuelling setup at the gliding club to fill the winches which are powered by LPG. It's not something I would want in my front garden and, as said, once the tax has been paid it's debatable whether you would save anything.

If it had LPG central heating, and therefore a tank on my property, I would be very tempted to rig something up. :-X

I keep meaning to seek out "off-forecourt" suppliers but, TBH, most wouldn't be open during the hours I would want to fill up (most seem to be Mon-Fri 9-5 operations).

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.