Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Literally saved me a week  (Read 978 times)

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
Literally saved me a week
« on: 08 May 2019, 12:46:44 »

My Omega needed an oil change, first one after cambelt, oil cooler and coolant change in january. I somehow suspected trouble, since oil filter housing was taken of and put back by a "mechanic" to whom I told very clearly to NOT overtighten the cap :-X >:( Yes, you guessed it.
When I drained the oil today, replaced the seal and cleaned everything I went to change the oil filter and after a lot of
cursing and swearing managed to undo the cap...so I thought ::) Filter housing was the only thing spinning.
After a few minutes it finally spun out of place without a need of heavy duty hammer.
Just as a precaution I ordered oil filter conversion part and loctite for threads last week....like I knew I'll be needing that ;D
So job jobbed in an hour instead of waiting for parts and being stranded without a car :y

After the work I put filter housing in a vice and tried to take a cap off...won't even budge, like it's welded on.
I would rather push omega than drive renault

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Literally saved me a week
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2019, 14:31:56 »

The correct torque figure is even cast into the housing in an attempt to be idiot proof, but idiots are always clever enough to find a way around idiot proofing.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Literally saved me a week
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2019, 17:14:20 »

The correct torque figure is even cast into the housing in an attempt to be idiot proof, but idiots are always clever enough to find a way around idiot proofing.  ::)
Yep, it's because they are "clever" enough to know better than the manufacturer, and clever enough to accurately torque any fastener using only a windy wrench or, in tight locations, breaker bar. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.