Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2981442 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #21900 on: 26 February 2021, 15:29:58 »

All fitted now TB did it myself don't want some youth scratching my paint , followed the instructions to the letter on the RRS Forum everything reset and all perfect at the moment fingers crossed it stays that way ..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #21901 on: 26 February 2021, 17:01:17 »

On my Audi, a year ago, I got a suspension fault warning light come on unexpectedly on initial start up. As it was then still under its 5 year manufacturers extended warranty, Audi checked it, stated the suspension system was fine, but the AGM battery was low voltage (knackered), so they fitted a genuine replacement AGM battery and programmed it to the car, under the warranty. The programming is a separate debatable topic, but if the car detects a low battery voltage, it will shut down certain systems, hence the suspension fault warning on mine. It has been fine since.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21902 on: 26 February 2021, 17:04:03 »

On my Audi, a year ago, I got a suspension fault warning light come on unexpectedly on initial start up. As it was then still under its 5 year manufacturers extended warranty, Audi checked it, stated the suspension system was fine, but the AGM battery was low voltage (knackered), so they fitted a genuine replacement AGM battery and programmed it to the car, under the warranty. The programming is a separate debatable topic, but if the car detects a low battery voltage, it will shut down certain systems, hence the suspension fault warning on mine. It has been fine since.
I've heard of them stopping s/s working, and things like air conditioning, surprised at suspension settings.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21903 on: 26 February 2021, 17:22:07 »

On the RRS forum there are several " horror stories" of problems with fault messages showing after installing a new battery to the vehicle, fortunately there is one Land Rover independent who posts on there & appears to know the vehicles very well, he put a new battery installation correct method post on there which appears to have worked well in my case.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21904 on: 26 February 2021, 17:42:49 »

The block is aluminium, it doesn't need an excuse to disolve :D
And exactly why it needs a good strong antifreeze mix...   ...if the car is a keeper.

The choice I had to hand was distilled water or Pink GM stuff. So water it was :P
Ordered a new waterpump and thermostat today. It's getting a coolant change next week, whether it wants one or not ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21905 on: 26 February 2021, 17:47:23 »

Camcover breathers removed, cleaned and resealed.

Had thought it might have needed new camcover gaskets too, but the mess was all from the breather covers.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21906 on: 26 February 2021, 18:34:22 »

Fixed two problems on the roof of the Boxster, but found a third one, so need a part for that now.
Its only a plastic balljoint but of course Porsche wont sell it seperate from the rod it screws onto, so around £60.
Currently on ebay, only available from the U.S. for about £11, but £15 delivery.  ::)
ALso got the Parrot Bluetooth and stereo working. Needed the code for the Parrot, which was available online. And the stereo just need a mini fuse in the back of it replaced.
Also checked the drains were clear as water gets in the cabin and cuased very expensive damage to electronics if they are blocked.
Ordered a turbo for the C**o from ebay which should be here Tuesday. So back to the oily jobs then.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21907 on: 26 February 2021, 19:27:18 »

Had to go into the office today for a few hours so took the project car for a run... The exhaust / cats are so quiet on that car compared to the daily I kept thinking it had stalled at each junction I stopped at  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21908 on: 01 March 2021, 17:34:00 »

Washed it and polished it. Probably 9 months since its last proper scrub... Shinier than a shiny thing 8)

Might even treat the leather tomorrow whilst awaiting the waterpump and associated gubbins  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21909 on: 06 March 2021, 19:51:14 »

Water pump, thermostat and oil cooler/filter housing seals all replaced. and no longer leaking.

Looking at the state of the coolant that came out of it, it only had water put back in it when the water pump was previously changed :o

Nice fresh coolant in it now, so that's another couple of jobs ticked off 8)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21910 on: 06 March 2021, 21:00:46 »

Day of hell, only changing an alternator on my sons Evo3 with him... bottom pivot bolt was seized we had to remove the rad, and even the turbo, so as we could finally hit holy hell out of it with a 3ft bar and 7lb sledge and....  that was after soaking in wd40 heating  it up etc it’s off now though... it had no choice😂 refit in the morning nice to spend a few hours with him and my grandson👍
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21911 on: 07 March 2021, 00:09:02 »

Finished a run of nights yesterday morning and the gaskets for the French thing turned up in the afternoon.
So started putting it all back together this afternoon. Hopefully another hours or so will see it finished tomorrow.
I have a sneaky suspicion the little bastard hasnt finished giving me nasty surprise yet though.
We shall see.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21912 on: 07 March 2021, 11:19:26 »

Ordered some pads and droplinks for the Saab, from Euro, with delivery £50. Then it's mot time next week, so that'll cost me coffees for the Garage when I go up there,lots of abuse.   And the usual dent to my purse.
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21913 on: 07 March 2021, 11:50:07 »

Finished a run of nights yesterday morning and the gaskets for the French thing turned up in the afternoon.
So started putting it all back together this afternoon. Hopefully another hours or so will see it finished tomorrow.
I have a sneaky suspicion the little bastard hasnt finished giving me nasty surprise yet though.
We shall see.  :-\
I bet you can't wait to get back in your slutty little red French CL-Eeyore for some quality time together  :)
I hope she's a good girl and behaves after all the  :-* LOVE  :-* you've given her

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21914 on: 07 March 2021, 11:59:54 »

Swan Vestas are sat on my bench on standby.  ::)

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.