Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yuk! (Global Warming)  (Read 2801 times)

Nickbat

Yuk! (Global Warming)
« on: 01 October 2010, 00:08:40 »

Some scientific organisations are thankfully stepping back from alarmism and accepting scientific doubts:

Science Museum: "There are areas of uncertainty which are perfectly reasonable to raise and we will present those. For example, the extent to which the climate is as sensitive to the CO2-loading that humans have put in or not."

The Royal Society: "Climate change: a summary of the science states that “some uncertainties are unlikely ever to be significantly reduced”. Unlike Climate change controversies, a simple guide  — the document it replaces — it avoids making predictions about the impact of climate change and refrains from advising governments about how they should respond."

It is most welcome that these organisations should take on board the valid scientific arguments put forward against the previous "science is settled" posture.

[size=14]HOWEVER:[/size]

There are some who are starting to get desperate and producing this sort of nastiness:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UHN3zHoYA0[/media]

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO IMAGERY.

Background:
Whippersnapping climate campaign 10:10  teams up with legendary comic screenwriter Richard Curtis – you know, Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill, co-founded Comic Relief – and Age of Stupid director Franny Armstrong to proudly present their explosive new mini-movie “No Pressure”. The film stars X-Files’ Gillian Anderson, together with Spurs players past and present – including Peter Crouch, Ledley King and David Ginola – with music donated by Radiohead. Shot on 35mm by a 40-strong professional film crew led by director Dougal Wilson, “No Pressure” celebrates everybody who is actively tackling climate change… by blowing up those are aren’t.

>:(

Promoting the idea that children who don’t reduce their carbon footprint should be murdered by their school teachers.  :o :o :o

How low can these sh*ts get?

Ar*eholes all of them.  >:( >:( >:(

UPDATE:
The Guardian's piece on this states: "This film contains scenes that some viewers may find distressing. Not suitable for children"

"The film, directed by top advertising director Dougal Wilson, known for the Always A Woman John Lewis ad, will be shown in cinemas and on television."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2010/sep/30/10-10-no-pressure-film

>:( >:( 
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 00:29:11 by Nickbat »

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
Re: Yuk! (Global Warming)
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2010, 06:45:22 »

excellent vid Nickbat - and yes, you're right - it totally is advocating that teachers murder schoolkids!!!  ;D ;D ;D :y

just like if you drink Tango a fat orange guy pops up and slaps you!
or Gary Lineker is a notorious crisp stealer who should be arrested!
oooh ooh - I want that Carlsberg flat that really really exists! with the hot flatmate and everything!!  ;D ;D
the modern world must seem very confusing sometimes  ;)

I think perhaps the makers of the film are going for shock tactics to get noticed by a few easily offended publications, the Mail, the Express, Fox News, the Nickbat threads, etc  ::)

seems like its worked  :y

absolutely priceless - your best post in months NB - excellent  :y
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

mantahatch

« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2010, 08:05:05 »

BJ I am surprised you cannot see the message in that video.
And it certainly has nothing to do with being offended.  :(

To me it says, agree or die, is that not what terrorism or nazism is.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 08:07:09 by mantahatch »

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2010, 08:13:08 »

excellent vid Nickbat - and yes, you're right - it totally is advocating that teachers murder schoolkids!!!  ;D ;D ;D :y

just like if you drink Tango a fat orange guy pops up and slaps you!
or Gary Lineker is a notorious crisp stealer who should be arrested!
oooh ooh - I want that Carlsberg flat that really really exists! with the hot flatmate and everything!!  ;D ;D
the modern world must seem very confusing sometimes  ;)

I think perhaps the makers of the film are going for shock tactics to get noticed by a few easily offended publications, the Mail, the Express, Fox News, the Nickbat threads, etc  ::)

seems like its worked  :y

absolutely priceless - your best post in months NB - excellent  :y

I assume that you're in 'Banjax will say anything to bait Nickbat mode' there BJ. >:(

Or, is the indoctrination of people, childern especially, with slick imagery and 'important social information' something you're happy with?

These xxxxx - yes, I'll say that again - these xxxxx will stop at nothing to put their message across.

It's blanking outrageous in the extreme that shit this this can be spewed out in the name of public information when, in reality, the only thing it's likely to do is promote the next stage of climate zealotry within those motivated by such imagery.

I'm surprised that you don't seem to appreciate the danger behind this line of thinking - or does anything go when it comes to climate propaganda. :(

Self-censored as the filter doesn't seem to catch certain words.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 08:15:46 by Zulu77 »

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2010, 08:50:22 »

"Promoting the idea that children who don’t reduce their carbon footprint should be murdered by their school teachers."

aah the righteous indignation, the venom, the loss of perspective.......all in all Vintage Nickbat  :y

splendid stuff  ;)

continue  8-)

please
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2010, 09:01:34 »

"Promoting the idea that children who don’t reduce their carbon footprint should be murdered by their school teachers."

aah the righteous indignation, the venom, the loss of perspective.......all in all Vintage Nickbat  :y

splendid stuff  ;)

continue  8-)

please

Nice try BJ but it's not going to work.  I'll just leave you to expose your thinking to the audience at large.

mantahatch

« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2010, 09:11:05 »

splendid stuff  ;)

continue  8-)

please

aah the righteous indignation, or is the possibility that humans are not as important or damaging as some might think, the world will live on with or without humans.  the venom, sorry i did not notice any. the loss of perspective maybe, I am quite able to see the funny side of this video, but when it is such a planet wide scale of changes these people are refering to, more thought was required on there part. :y
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 09:12:37 by mantahatch »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2010, 09:38:53 »

aah the righteous indignation, or is the possibility that humans are not as important or damaging as some might think, the world will live on with or without humans.  the venom, sorry i did not notice any. the loss of perspective maybe, I am quite able to see the funny side of this video, but when it is such a planet wide scale of changes these people are refering to, more thought was required on there part. :y

Yep. We have come and we will go one day, just like any number of other species, and the earth will live on. Hell, no it won't. It'll be gone one day.

This is a certainty we can't alter whatever self-righteous meddling goes on in-between.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2010, 10:03:57 »

A very unpleasant message portrayed in that film.

Shame you passed it on really.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

mantahatch

« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2010, 10:11:59 »

Yep. We have come and we will go one day, just like any number of other species, and the earth will live on. Hell, no it won't. It'll be gone one day.
This is a certainty we can't alter whatever self-righteous meddling goes on in-between.

Kevin

Fair point boss.  ;)

Nickbat

« Reply #10 on: 01 October 2010, 10:29:25 »

Glad you agree.  :y

I take your point about passing it on, but it is due to be shown widely in cinemas and on TV.  >:(

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2010, 10:47:24 »

watched this rubbish twice now, to see if i get the same message each time.
Yes, I do.
It appears to definately say "go along with us, do what we want, don't have your own opinion, or you will die by our hand."

That to me, is Nazism, Fascism, and totalitarian, as well as a dictatorship thinking.

Is this what we want to tell/show as an example to our children??

I think not.  My children were always told " have an opinion, but always respect others right to have one too."

The same as me, I may not always agree with a lot of the opinions on here, but I respect your right to have and express one freely, as I hope you respect my right to express mine.

Thankyou.
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 October 2010, 11:01:47 »

Glad you agree.  :y

I take your point about passing it on, but it is due to be shown widely in cinemas and on TV>:(
So I may never have seen it!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I try not to hang out in those places.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 11:02:16 by ChrisH174 »
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

HolyCount

« Reply #13 on: 01 October 2010, 11:22:57 »

Whatever your take on climate change is and whatever your views on the political motivations of this ad .... it is, frankly, in incredibly poor taste and the perpetrators have had no regard for it's effect on the young and innocent both watching and portrayed.

We all watch this with our "adult" cynical and analysing minds and thought processes, then come up with the thoughts posted above.

A childs mind is far more literal and will not appreciate the symbolism (indeed, BJ, some kids BELIEVE there is an overweight, underdressed orange blob attacking people, and that Lineker is a crisp thief .... the tooth fairy and Santa Claus .... et al). This "do or die" message is pure indoctrination, playing on the fear it can induce in the younger generation.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 12:00:41 by HolyCount »

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 October 2010, 11:29:42 »

That was supposed to be funny? 

All it does is make me wonder about the true nature of eco-fascism.  I've always been a sceptic, which is to say that while I understand what the AGW proponents are saying, I have yet to be convinced by their arguments, or by the science.  On the other hand, I have always taken exception to the climate change "band wagon" effect, and the methods adopted by the AGW lobby to steamroller all opposition to their point of view.

I just can't see the point of this film.  Are they actually advocating suppression of those who don't want to join their movement?  Or are they parodying the attitude of some of the more strident climate change enthusiasts? 

Good Grief, it's even got the Guardian readership confused.

:( :( :(
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.