Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yuk! (Global Warming)  (Read 2805 times)

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
Re: Yuk! (Global Warming)
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2010, 11:51:49 »

but we all agree that the video isn't actually promoting the murder of schoolkids by teachers, yes? or am I the lone voice of sanity?  ;D ;D

oldest ad trick in the book, create a controversial piece to jump start discussion. throw in a few cheap special effects - I've seen more violent cartoons.....get a grip people - remember that guy spewing the dog up?

besides I think blowing Ginola up deserves further consideration.......lets not throw the baby out with the bath water - who's with me?  ;)
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2010, 11:52:49 »

Some scientific organisations are thankfully stepping back from alarmism and accepting scientific doubts:

Science Museum: "There are areas of uncertainty which are perfectly reasonable to raise and we will present those. For example, the extent to which the climate is as sensitive to the CO2-loading that humans have put in or not."

The Royal Society: "Climate change: a summary of the science states that “some uncertainties are unlikely ever to be significantly reduced”. Unlike Climate change controversies, a simple guide  — the document it replaces — it avoids making predictions about the impact of climate change and refrains from advising governments about how they should respond."

It is most welcome that these organisations should take on board the valid scientific arguments put forward against the previous "science is settled" posture.

[size=14]HOWEVER:[/size]

There are some who are starting to get desperate and producing this sort of nastiness:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UHN3zHoYA0[/media]

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO IMAGERY.

Background:
Whippersnapping climate campaign 10:10  teams up with legendary comic screenwriter Richard Curtis – you know, Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill, co-founded Comic Relief – and Age of Stupid director Franny Armstrong to proudly present their explosive new mini-movie “No Pressure”. The film stars X-Files’ Gillian Anderson, together with Spurs players past and present – including Peter Crouch, Ledley King and David Ginola – with music donated by Radiohead. Shot on 35mm by a 40-strong professional film crew led by director Dougal Wilson, “No Pressure” celebrates everybody who is actively tackling climate change… by blowing up those are aren’t.

>:(

Promoting the idea that children who don’t reduce their carbon footprint should be murdered by their school teachers:o :o :o

How low can these sh*ts get?

Ar*eholes all of them.  >:( >:( >:(

UPDATE:
The Guardian's piece on this states: "This film contains scenes that some viewers may find distressing. Not suitable for children"

"The film, directed by top advertising director Dougal Wilson, known for the Always A Woman John Lewis ad, will be shown in cinemas and on television."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2010/sep/30/10-10-no-pressure-film

>:( >:( 

What a brilliant video.......trying to ENCOURAGE people to reduce their carbon footprint by 10% is an excellent idea.......The video is clearly produced in a humourous Pythonesque style..(and very funny it is too.. :y)Nick ......well done for posting this......but with regard to the part of your thread that I have highlighted....... perhaps your indignant piety has got the better of you this time.. ;)

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 October 2010, 11:54:22 »

at last, a voice of sanity from Opti  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 October 2010, 12:05:16 »

The video is clearly produced in a humourous Pythonesque style..

Not a style recognised by most schoolkids, I'd wager. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2010, 12:31:00 »

The video is clearly produced in a humourous Pythonesque style..

Not a style recognised by most schoolkids, I'd wager. :-/

Kevin

Any kid over the age of ten would probably find this video hilarious.......but I accept that smaller children...... being very literal...... may become frightened. I imagine it will only be shown in the cinema.......where the audience is (or should be ::)) a known age and above... ;) :y
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 12:32:56 by optimist »

Nickbat

« Reply #20 on: 01 October 2010, 12:39:44 »

I do not recall the Python team "blowing up" kids, nor using children to moralise. It's sick propaganda, pure and simple. Only a fool would find this video "funny".
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 12:40:02 by Nickbat »

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 October 2010, 12:47:24 »

I do not recall the Python team "blowing up" kids, nor using children to moralise. It's sick propaganda, pure and simple. Only a fool would find this video "funny".
Now I think I know what a tennis ball feels like.

First I'm faced with what I regard as a distasteful video, then I'm told that people who find it funny are fools.

Nickbat you just put yourself in the same class as the video-makers. :(
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Nickbat

« Reply #22 on: 01 October 2010, 12:53:05 »

Now I think I know what a tennis ball feels like.

First I'm faced with what I regard as a distasteful video, then I'm told that people who find it funny are fools.

Nickbat you just put yourself in the same class as the video-makers. :(

I see. You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion but, to my mind, the graphic representation of young children being blown up by remote control (at a time when, in real life, many are being similarly executed by terrorists) cannot be considered funny by any normal standards of civility. It is sick. How that should place me in the "same class" as the video makers is, frankly, beyond my comprehension. 
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 12:54:04 by Nickbat »

mantahatch

« Reply #23 on: 01 October 2010, 13:01:48 »

but we all agree that the video isn't actually promoting the murder of schoolkids by teachers, yes? or am I the lone voice of sanity?  ;D ;D
oldest ad trick in the book, create a controversial piece to jump start discussion. throw in a few cheap special effects - I've seen more violent cartoons.....get a grip people - remember that guy spewing the dog up?

besides I think blowing Ginola up deserves further consideration.......lets not throw the baby out with the bath water - who's with me?  ;)

I would suggest you are the only soldier marching in step.

;D ;D ;D

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 October 2010, 13:02:06 »

this thread just keeps getting better, please keep up the good work until the Golf is back on - thanks  :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 October 2010, 13:03:45 »

I would suggest you are the only soldier marching in step.

;D ;D ;D

I march to the monkey playing drums in my head  :y

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 October 2010, 13:15:16 »

The figures quoted in this propaganda film are about as true as the supposed deniers in this film being in the minority depicted by the show of hands, how low will these greens stoop to next?. >:( >:(

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 October 2010, 13:25:48 »

they should do a Children in Need version in B&W, slo-mo Sam Peckinpah-esque ballet of blood, or actually get that lot that did the excellent Spartacus: Blood and Sand recently (absolutely stunning violence)  :y

you could use "Everybody Hurts" by REM on the soundtrack.

or something by The Cars. 
« Last Edit: 01 October 2010, 13:26:53 by bannjaxx »

Mysteryman

« Reply #28 on: 01 October 2010, 13:54:24 »

In the end, it's all down to personal choice. To turn your lights on...to turn your lights off..... let me see.....another bar ont leccy fire I think, that should drown a few more foreigners. :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 October 2010, 14:24:42 »

they should do a Children in Need version in B&W, slo-mo Sam Peckinpah-esque ballet of blood, or actually get that lot that did the excellent Spartacus: Blood and Sand recently (absolutely stunning violence)  :y

you could use "Everybody Hurts" by REM on the soundtrack.

or something by The Cars. 

Satire is only effective if cleverly used BJ - and I'm afraid that, in my view, this doesn't make it. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.