Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Traction Control Fault ??  (Read 1931 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Traction Control Fault ??
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2013, 21:10:02 »

No not you Al but Andy H did.  ;) thought TC only worked on driven wheels  :-\ Yes ABS works all round ???
Sorry - I didn't consider the most likely scenario in a 3.2 with new front tyres
3. you have no tread on your rear tyres  ;D

I've recently put two tyres on the back of my Omega & Merc (£££££'s  :'() without TC/ESP problems. I'd say it was something more pronounced than new vs old tyres front & back (even if the bald tyres were down to the canvas  ;)
I was thinking more about the combination of a 3.2 plus worn tyres and greasy roads to being able to spin the rear wheels on demand.........
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

05omegav6

Re: Traction Control Fault ??
« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2013, 21:13:00 »

No not you Al but Andy H did.  ;) thought TC only worked on driven wheels  :-\ Yes ABS works all round ???
Sorry - I didn't consider the most likely scenario in a 3.2 with new front tyres
3. you have no tread on your rear tyres  ;D

I've recently put two tyres on the back of my Omega & Merc (£££££'s  :'() without TC/ESP problems. I'd say it was something more pronounced than new vs old tyres front & back (even if the bald tyres were down to the canvas  ;)
I was thinking more about the combination of a 3.2 plus worn tyres and greasy roads to being able to spin the rear wheels on demand.........
Was thinking much the same, especially if it's an auto, as that would make the power cut much more pronounced...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.