Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about extensions  (Read 8232 times)

STEMO

Re: Question about extensions
« Reply #60 on: 08 September 2018, 13:00:44 »

Garages might be an age thing ? young types who don't tinker with cars might not be interested in having a "dead" space in the house , for me on the other hand it would be the first thing I looked at , sod the kitchen !
We rented on a fairly new estate while we were looking for this place. In the ten years since the estate was built, I'd say a good 40% had made the garage into living space. Everyone, but everyone, parked their cars on the drive. Partly because, unless you aimed the car perfectly, you couldn't get out of it once in the garage.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08 September 2018, 13:12:13 »

Garages might be an age thing ? young types who don't tinker with cars might not be interested in having a "dead" space in the house , for me on the other hand it would be the first thing I looked at , sod the kitchen !
We rented on a fairly new estate while we were looking for this place. In the ten years since the estate was built, I'd say a good 40% had made the garage into living space. Everyone, but everyone, parked their cars on the drive. Partly because, unless you aimed the car perfectly, you couldn't get out of it once in the garage.

Most modern garages are too small for the bloated cars of today. Hence they are full of assorted crap rather than a car.

Two things I insist upon when buying a house are.

1. It must be detached.
2. It must have a large garage(s)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 08 September 2018, 14:01:22 »

I would look to change garage door to a roll-up type, to maximise space.

Think it could work well, I can foresee mounting big lights inside to shine onto driveway for when I’m doing service work. I plan to have enough space for all my tools while dumping a load of crap I don’t need.

Additionally considering a lean-to at one side and extending fence boundary, as it’s my land as per deeds. Towards the road, so I get additional storage as well for garden stuff. Neighbor has done similar, but against his house and works well.

This of course is all plan B, currently dropping the price and switching agents.

I did this after being quoted £4k(!!!) to replace the metal double garage door, and IIRC the roll-up was a shade over £1.5k fitted. No brainer. :y :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 08 September 2018, 14:31:37 »

Think it could work well, I can foresee mounting big lights inside to shine onto driveway for when I’m doing service work. I plan to have enough space for all my tools while dumping a load of crap I don’t need.

Additionally considering a lean-to at one side and extending fence boundary, as it’s my land as per deeds. Towards the road, so I get additional storage as well for garden stuff. Neighbor has done similar, but against his house and works well.

This of course is all plan B, currently dropping the price and switching agents.

I did this after being quoted £4k(!!!) to replace the metal double garage door, and IIRC the roll-up was a shade over £1.5k fitted. No brainer. :y :y :y
Yep, me too. They are superb IMHO.

Very few bits you could remove to repurpose as tools when working on a  BMW straight 6 tractor, mind. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 08 September 2018, 14:32:41 »

Nice. Was that £1.5k for double yeah? A single should be quite reasonable then.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 08 September 2018, 17:07:25 »

sod the kitchen !
Exactly. Having a Y chromosome, I don't need a kitchen, that's for those with the double X
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08 September 2018, 17:09:08 »

Yep, me too. They are superb IMHO.

Very few bits you could remove to repurpose as tools when working on a  BMW straight 6 tractor, mind. ;)
That bloody Omegatoy is an animal, getting the grinder out on my garage door opener  >:(

:D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 08 September 2018, 17:32:00 »

sod the kitchen !
Exactly. Having a Y chromosome, I don't need a kitchen, that's for those with the double X

You're not allowed to be gender specific these days, TB. The modern feminist man is gender neutral. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 08 September 2018, 17:52:54 »

sod the kitchen !

You're not allowed to be gender specific these days, TB. The modern feminist man is gender neutral. :)

Did they tell you that on the Jag forum M'lud?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08 September 2018, 19:04:01 »

sod the kitchen !

Did they tell you that on the Jag forum M'lud?  ;D

A bunch of politically correct Mangina's.

We didn't hit it off. :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08 September 2018, 19:24:57 »

Nice. Was that £1.5k for double yeah? A single should be quite reasonable then.  :)

Yes double. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.