Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear leather seat  (Read 882 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Rear leather seat
« on: 23 March 2015, 12:09:07 »

Free to collector.....rear leather seat complete with head rests to suit omega facelift estate........the leather is dark grey..i think it is called charcoal.....it is smooth leather not the patterned type...no rips or  tears and in good nick.I bought this soley for the front seats for my previous saloon so never had a use for it...now having a spring clean so if nobody wants it away to the tip it goes....collection is luton..beds area.. ...p.m. me if interested ..thanks, :y

05omegav6

Re: Rear leather seat
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2015, 16:18:44 »

Could be interested as the rear seat in my white one has a failed locking mechanism...  Not sure when I could collect though :-\

Any chance of a pic please :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2015, 18:22:25 »

Having read about locking latches ...had a good look at this one only to find that not only does the top lever catch not work properly just slops around and does nothing. but also where the seat belt should i assume come out of the top of the seat there is nothing at all..no seatbelt or anything ..just a slit where it would come from....so sorry my fault as never realy looked at it....so only good for the tip....apologies to all..

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2015, 14:25:34 »

Ok, just a thought - When the old man owned what is now my Turbo Weasel we added leather door cards to the beige interior - by cannibalising the knackered interior from a Calibra. Surely the same could be done here? For anyone who can use a screwdriver it's a pretty easy job, too, to replace the 'canvas' fabric door trims, and you'd be doing it with genuine GM leather, guaranteed to match. Mine doesn't have a leather interior, just the door cards, with matching cream gear and handbrake gaiters, and looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Also the drivers door was very grubby, ground in dirt.

I just like to see everything used where possibly, and large panels of what is probably unmarked Vauxhall leather must be of some use. I'm a Womble at heart  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.