Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Siemens NCDC screen problem  (Read 12115 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: Siemens NCDC screen problem
« Reply #30 on: 26 August 2018, 21:57:56 »

Yes Albs tried 3 genuine discs

2 as good as new 1 never used both 2010/11,s

Disc I had with unit is Navteq 2008/9 and all 3 just get spat out advising to inset disc.After around 6 attempts tells me disc needs cleaning so same as was before the entire mechanism was swopped earlier today

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 August 2018, 17:46:26 »

Ribbons that were attached to the mech from donor .
Would that be the cause then ?
The stuff can't read from the laser. You've (hopefully) ruled out mech and laser. All that stuff travels across the delicate ribbons...
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2018, 22:20:58 »

Mech and ribbons from donor unit fitted as a single repair,however same fault remains.

Is advise to use the headunits original ribbons and connect them to donor mech ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 August 2018, 08:37:59 »

Mech and ribbons from donor unit fitted as a single repair,however same fault remains.

Is advise to use the headunits original ribbons and connect them to donor mech ?
No. Sounds like you've proved that its not the ribbons.

To save me looking (been a while since I've looked at one), where do the ribbons from the mech connect to? Is it the forward board, nearest the fascia, or the rearward board (that has the main radio connectors on)
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 August 2018, 09:15:52 »

The 2 ribbons connected to the mech run from the front nearest the slot that takes the disc

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 August 2018, 16:19:35 »

The 2 ribbons connected to the mech run from the front nearest the slot that takes the disc
Eh?

Do you have a pic?
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 August 2018, 18:13:30 »

Cant upload pictures on forum .(computer dinosaur ) :-[ but can forward to an email if you PM addy :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 August 2018, 20:27:08 »

I have now accepted defeat ever restoring the sat nav to my unit and am now accepting "The Man from Germany " was correct in his diagnosis that it is more than a laser/mech problem.

After kindly being given yet another NCDC 2013 by NickW,with a proven history of working , to have a play with I removed the entire headunit and screen from my car.I then fitted both the headunit and paired screen provided by Nick to establish it worked albeit a Black/White system.It accepted the disc and loaded everything as it should and provided sat nav along with radio and cd functions.

Thinking atleast we have a working mech and laser I thenn stripped it all back out and took it apart and removed laser and mech and fitted that all back into my own NCDC unit.Had high hopes when I fitted it all back into the car,but that didn't last long.

Same old problem as before of disc being ejected after a few seconds and no audible noise of any spinning disc or action.Only thing that does happen is when disc is drawn in the illumination of the disc slot goes out and after trying several attempts screen advises disc needs cleaning...obviously it cannot read the disc.

If anybody has any other suggestions I am happy to listen as at present I have 2 nav mechs and lasers along with 2 cd units 1 of which is paired to a monochrome screen..big box of bits and back to square 1 :'(

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 August 2018, 21:31:43 »

Refit the working unit and mono screen, get both setups put into delivery mode then pair your CID screen with the working HU and set the screen to match your car configuration... Needs car passes for each HU, Tech II and somebody competent to operate it.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 August 2018, 21:42:56 »

I think I understand what you mean,but don't have pass codes for either H/U,s and I am very doudtful I could get original registration numbers from the cars they were removed from .

Does the head unit need to be paired before it can be put into delivery mode,and presumably it needs to be fitted into the car for all this to be done ,so not a simple exercise .

TBH I now think its time to draw a line under it as can see throwing loads of cash at it,but big thanks to all for hearing me out on this  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 August 2018, 19:03:20 »

Don't be so defeatist :D

Do you know anyone with a Tech2 local-ish?

Failing that, do you ever get near Brackley?
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 August 2018, 23:05:31 »

I don't like accepting defeat however I seem to be chasing a problem I cant identify and don't have the means or knowledge to repair.

Brackley isn't a million miles away as I fear nobody close by has either the diagnostic equipment or trust the VX dealers locally have the necessary skill to get things sorted .

At present I have a large box of partially dismantled NCDC 2013,s ..no radio codes and a unit in the car which works apart from the Nav with a mech inside with a seemingly working mech.

TB...maybe if we exchange contact details by PM and you are prepared to untangle this mess I now have I would be very grateful  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 August 2018, 10:55:41 »

Its very easy to get lost with this sort of thing Andrew, as in a big box of bits, while everything is fresh in your mind, take time to start labeling the parts up, where they came from, what was paired to what and what the problem was with each part, otherwise your end putting the box of bits on the shelf and 4 weeks later, Brain Death kicks and you wont know your left from your right, been there got the T Shirt many times.  :D ;)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 August 2018, 13:35:52 »

Wise words Chris ,I have got the bits seperated ,
Mech in car unit needs to come out and be swooped with that in box which is the paired 1 with mono screen and my old mech is already labelled up .
Have now binned the odd bits as could see Age/Eyesight kickin in and nit knowing arse from elbow.
Problem remains I have no codes or registrations and very doubtful they can be obtained as have probably gone through several cars over the years
Are the codes critical to the procedure suggested or is there a work around

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 August 2018, 14:31:41 »

Wise words Chris ,I have got the bits seperated ,
Mech in car unit needs to come out and be swooped with that in box which is the paired 1 with mono screen and my old mech is already labelled up .
Have now binned the odd bits as could see Age/Eyesight kickin in and nit knowing arse from elbow.
Problem remains I have no codes or registrations and very doubtful they can be obtained as have probably gone through several cars over the years
Are the codes critical to the procedure suggested or is there a work around
Without the Codes you are a bit limited as to what you can achieve. as far as Im aware the pairing code gubbings lives on the main board of the HU and on the back board of the Screen (we'll forget about Telematics in your case) also not to sure if the lower CDC is paired as well, think it might be, unless TB has some magical work around to move Paired things around without a proper Code?

I wouldnt give up just yet, see if TB can sort things (without the Codes) or just keep fingers crossed that something may come up in the future thats working for you.

Thinking out loud, I do have a Bose 2013 and CID tucked away for a rainy day or a project, but I warn you now, I bought it some years ago, and paid a fair bit for it.   :( thats assuming I go down the selling route  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.