Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Head Unit cage question ?  (Read 4413 times)

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
Re: Head Unit cage question ?
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2018, 22:04:16 »

I have a CCR2006 in the recently purchased Omega on a 2000 plate but it is not the original head unit for my car, and having read the BOSE system guide I now think I understand why its making some horrible sounds, according to the write-up the CCR2006 has to be programmed for the BOSE amplifier outputs as it was not the standard choice for the BOSE equipped Omega.....

Can anyone else please confirm ?
Yep if its a late'ish DBW Elite then normally Bose 2006 HU in the 2.6 and NCDC in the 3.2's as a general guide, as TB says not all 2006 were re programmable for Bose Mode, most were either yea or nah.

Also as said Non Bose HU in a Bose set up equals too much volume for little play with the Vol knob then just distortion after that, other way around Bose HU in a Non Bose setup equals hardly any loud volume at full blast ie, only a couple of Watts output at best.
If i wanted to take my head unit out of my 3.2 would i have to change all the speakers as well thanks
Pretty much,  ...and the Bose Amp and poss the wiring, depending what your plans are.

There are ways around it, but its all pretty much old hat now, so maybe best to start again from fresh.  :-\
that's what i was thinking new head unit and speakers although the bose unit is very good i think it needs updating to something a bit more up to date thanks for the info :y

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2018, 23:55:36 »

I have a CCR2006 in the recently purchased Omega on a 2000 plate but it is not the original head unit for my car, and having read the BOSE system guide I now think I understand why its making some horrible sounds, according to the write-up the CCR2006 has to be programmed for the BOSE amplifier outputs as it was not the standard choice for the BOSE equipped Omega.....

Some CCR2006 can be reprogrammed to Bose, most cant.

You'll know if yours is wrong, as a single click of volume knob make a big change in volume

Thanks, as I suspected it is incorrect due to the volume adjust scenario, so which HU should it be then ?
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2018, 19:27:25 »

Yep if its a late'ish DBW Elite then normally Bose 2006 HU in the 2.6 and NCDC in the 3.2's as a general guide, as TB says not all 2006 were re programmable for Bose Mode, most were either yea or nah.

Also as said Non Bose HU in a Bose set up equals too much volume for little play with the Vol knob then just distortion after that, other way around Bose HU in a Non Bose setup equals hardly any loud volume at full blast ie, only a couple of Watts output at best.
If i wanted to take my head unit out of my 3.2 would i have to change all the speakers as well thanks
and screen, as a 3.2 should have gid or cid
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.