Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a call from EDF yesterday  (Read 14436 times)

aaronjb

Re: Had a call from EDF yesterday
« Reply #90 on: 31 July 2018, 11:35:15 »

Oh, and if the rain comes in you're not going fast enough. Oh, wait! Back seats, you say? :-\

BMW, in their infinite wisdom, have 'gutters' down each side of the windscreen that direct all of the water coming off the screen upward and over the roo.. oh, see, I see what they did there. They forgot they were designing a convertible... basically it's like having a drainpipe pointed straight into your lap ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 31 July 2018, 11:51:31 »

"Es ist verboten, das Cabrio im Regen zu fahren"  >:(

;D

I will have to remind myself what the MX5 does. I think there's a little rubber cup that catches the water at the top of the screen and it then runs back down a pipe in the windscreen pillar.

With the Westfield it just pours off the top of the screen , but the car has passed by the time it lands. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 02 August 2018, 00:53:47 »

;D
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

aaronjb

« Reply #93 on: 02 August 2018, 09:27:01 »

I will have to remind myself what the MX5 does. I think there's a little rubber cup that catches the water at the top of the screen and it then runs back down a pipe in the windscreen pillar.

With the Westfield it just pours off the top of the screen , but the car has passed by the time it lands. ;D

That's much more sensible than a little rubber cup that directs the water straight into your lap ;D (On the way to Le Mans one year, I had enough water in my lap that my clothes could no longer soak it up.. I had a little lap lake!)

I'm told that in the Cobra, it rains as much on the inside of the screen as it does on the outside, making the wipers as useful as a chocolate fireguard .. I look forward to that ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 02 August 2018, 19:39:41 »

I'm told that in the Cobra, it rains as much on the inside of the screen as it does on the outside, making the wipers as useful as a chocolate fireguard .. I look forward to that ;D

Been there, done that. :y

You need some extra sets of wipers for the inside of the screen...

.. and the outside of your glasses.

.. and the inside of your glasses.

etc...
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 04 August 2018, 14:24:58 »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 04 August 2018, 20:14:35 »

This is the problem with switching suppliers isn't it? I'm sure the cheaper ones are supplying the gas/electricity from cheap Chinese tat they've bought from e-bay so it'll never work as good as genuine stuff :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 04 August 2018, 20:50:34 »

I think there's something in this!  :-\

Since I switched to Economy Energy last year I have thought that my lights arn't so bright, the vacuum dosn't suck as hard as it did and my beer isn't as cold as it was!  ::)  :D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 04 August 2018, 21:03:37 »

Indeed
the fridge ,freezer, air con etc seem to be working overtime just recently ,just to keep things cold
6 months ago ,(another electric supplier) the ac hardly ever kicked in and it was cool ,even outside  :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 04 August 2018, 22:09:31 »

I have a house that had an old lead supply pipe that served a block of 5 terraced houses.

It was probably leaking for years and Welsh Water started to pressure me to put a new supply in, which I resisted as the leak wasn't on my property.  Eventually after much tooing and froing Welsh Water offered the street connection for free if I agreed to install the new supply pipe on my property which I agreed to as digging up the street was the expensive bit, over £1000 + VAT!  ::)

At a site meeting with a rep from Welsh Water I suggested that he put a meter on the street stopcock to see how bad the leak was, which he did and then calculated that it was losing 19 m3 of water a day!  :o  ::)

It was soon after this that they offered the free connection to the main.  :y  ;D

:o :o :o :o  That is one of the very  basic tests any water company would SHOULD carry out to find a supply leak . . . .seems bizarre thay did not do /know that  :o :o.   

Once quantified  . . finding the leak opens up a can of worms where common supplies are involved . Many people think the water company is liable to supply the water into your house  . . .its not  . . .only to your boundary. Which is why almost all OSV's (Outside service valves) are on the public footpath or in the road .

Old terraced blocks of cottages are by far the worst senario, as the lead  supply usually feeds from one end & often runs under the ground in the middle of the  properties , teeing off & rising indivually into  each property via a stopcock.  Finding the exact location of the leak in the ground  is the problem . Even when the supply runs down the side  & across the back of these properties , you then hit the problem that many have extensions built on the back & the supply is under these.

Oh . . . & 19 cM  a day is about 800 Litre per hour . . .or 13 L per min . . .or about a Litre every 5 SECONDS :o

Surprisingly not that unusual . . . quite common to find a property with low pressure has a supply leak of a litre every 2 seconds . . . .now you would not want to be paying for that if the leak was after your METER ! :o :o :o

As my ex-next door neighbour found out after bragging that his water bill would come down where he was having a water meter fitted as the children had left and it was only him and the missus. He showed me his first bill it was just over £3k. ;D ;D ;D He also had the cost of the pipe repair where he had caused the leak with a gate post he had installed several years previously. :o :o :o It was then a case of negotiating a settlement bill with him saying he got the bill down but never disclosed the amount to me.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 05 August 2018, 09:48:53 »

I had one customer , a lady in here 50's . . . who switched to metered water , she complained that her bill was higher than before .  ( I found a wastage leak from her downstairs toilet, flush valve not shutting off & water was trickling into toilet pan ) .

Her reply was priceless . . ." Oh but I don't pay for THAT water do I  . . so that won't affect the bill will it "

The lady was totally shocked when I told her  she was paying for water that supplied the toilets , washing machine, dishwasher & watering her garden , washing the car  etc.  ::) ::)

Up until then she thought only water from the actual house taps was paid for . ??? ???
« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 09:52:29 by Alnico Blue »
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 05 August 2018, 10:34:30 »

It's SHOCKING  :o how many people leave the switches ON when there is nothing plugged into sockets
letting all that expensive electric leak out the plug socket holes  :P

STEMO

« Reply #102 on: 05 August 2018, 11:21:59 »

I had one customer , a lady in here 50's . . . who switched to metered water , she complained that her bill was higher than before .  ( I found a wastage leak from her downstairs toilet, flush valve not shutting off & water was trickling into toilet pan ) .

Her reply was priceless . . ." Oh but I don't pay for THAT water do I  . . so that won't affect the bill will it "

The lady was totally shocked when I told her  she was paying for water that supplied the toilets , washing machine, dishwasher & watering her garden , washing the car  etc.  ::) ::)

Up until then she thought only water from the actual house taps was paid for . ??? ???
You should have held her head underwater for ten minutes, then tell her next of kin they'd be paying for the water that killed her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.