Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Referendum  (Read 18067 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Second Referendum
« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2019, 11:33:01 »

Has anyone noticed the parlous state of UK politics.?

You have a divided country.
you have a deeply divided Tory party
you have a deeply divided Labour party
you have extreme left controlling the labour party (funded by Iran some say)
you have ERG extreme right? in Tory party
you have a walking dead PM (she surely must go once she can no longer kick the can down the road after 29th March)

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 February 2019, 11:37:17 »

But apart from all of the above Brexit is going as planned. :)

We have the whip hand. ......it was in the script.  :)

I bet you think no one notices you posting that periodically.  ;D

Britain does have some whip hands. It is just that no one has the balls to use them. In fact "No deal" as a possible outcome is one but there are a bunch of scaredy cats ( collaborators?) that want to remove it as a possibility. You could not make it up.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 February 2019, 12:28:29 »

Britain does have some whip hands. It is just that no one has the balls to use them. In fact "No deal" as a possible outcome is one but there are a bunch of scaredy cats ( collaborators?) that want to remove it as a possibility. You could not make it up.

I believe it was David Davis who said that negotiations with the EU would be 'very easy' because they had more to lose than us. It was to be a partnership where the UK was the 'dominant' and the remaining 27 would be 'submissive'. :y

As I said, that was the script.

My guess is that 'no deal' ( AKA proper Brexit) is dead in the water. I really don't know where this is all heading.   :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 February 2019, 12:30:48 »

.....as for a second vote.

Even the choice of question(s) will probably lead to civil war. :-X Personally I don't think remain should be an option as we already have an answer to that part of the equation.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 February 2019, 12:49:13 »

I think it should be a choice of

Remain
No Deal
Deal (with details of the deal).

I know to many who voted remain who have now woken up to the actual reality of leaving which they really didn't get at the time (note, I didnlt vote, for various reasons)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 February 2019, 12:53:46 »

I believe it was David Davis who said that negotiations with the EU would be 'very easy' because they had more to lose than us. It was to be a partnership where the UK was the 'dominant' and the remaining 27 would be 'submissive'. :y

As I said, that was the script.

My guess is that 'no deal' ( AKA proper Brexit) is dead in the water. I really don't know where this is all heading.   :-\

We did have some strong cards to use, the money, the trade deficit, security and military cooperation etc, but pathetically May has completely failed to use them which is why I think that the whole thing is a massive establishment stitch up!  :-X

As to the claims that a deal would be easy, those comments were made about the trade deal which they havn't even started on yet due to the EU's inflexibility.  ::)  The trade deal should be easy as we start at a point of zero tariffs and complete regulatory alignment, but I'm sure that the EU will make it very difficult and drag it out for years!  ::)

After all they took a decade to deal with Canada, a liberal democracy with a modern economy.  I doubt we'll even get to the FTA talks though....  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 February 2019, 12:54:41 »

Remain
No Deal
Deal (with details of the deal
).

I know to many who voted remain who have now woken up to the actual reality of leaving which they really didn't get at the time (note, I didnlt vote, for various reasons)

I would just offer this choice.

Yes, it will piss off many remainers of which I am one, but if remain becomes an option after 17.4 million people have voted to leave I can see major problems on the horizon if remain wins.

Best of 3,5,7 anyone. :-X

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 February 2019, 12:56:19 »

Remain
No Deal

I think that it will be something  like that to split the Leave vote.  ::)

Whatever the question or options are, expect it to be weighted in favour of Remain.  :(

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 26 February 2019, 13:00:44 »

If there is another referendum it'll be worded such that remain gets a clear majority and the govt can proclaim that this is a "Clear message that the people of the United Kingdom value their partnership with their friends in Europe, and wish to forge closer ties than ever"

.. and then we'll have the Euro, a standing European Army, and the Queen will have some sort of terrible accident...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 February 2019, 13:05:34 »

If there is another referendum it'll be worded such that remain gets a clear majority and the govt can proclaim that this is a "Clear message that the people of the United Kingdom value their partnership with their friends in Europe, and wish to forge closer ties than ever"

.. and then we'll have the Euro, a standing European Army, and the Queen will have some sort of terrible accident...

I believe Phil the Greek no longer drives. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 February 2019, 13:05:48 »

.. and all the EDL, UKIP gammon will get whipped up into a frenzy. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 February 2019, 13:08:29 »

I doubt we'll ever be able to decide who will decide the wording on the second vote. :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 February 2019, 18:26:12 »

Remain
No Deal

I think that it will be something  like that to split the Leave vote.  ::)

Whatever the question or options are, expect it to be weighted in favour of Remain.  :(
I don't think the above (on paper splitting the leave vote), would split the leave vote, as every single leaver I know wants a hard Brexit...   ...actually and even to this day believe the EU will roll over and let us kick 'em in the 'nads.

Like Lord Opti, I'm uncomfortable on a 2nd referendum having a remain option, but as time goes on, believe that if there is one, it should have all available options on it, and proper info given (unlike the first time).

I think the result of a 2nd is irrelevant now. The whole saga has buggered the economy of the insignificant rock in the North Sea.  Like it or not, we live in a global society now, and canot exist purely in our own little bubble.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 February 2019, 18:42:18 »

Like it or not, we live in a global society now, and cannot exist purely in our own little bubble.

Which is exactly what BREXIT is all about.  ::)

We can either sit in fortress Europe and gently decline with the rest of them or get out there and engage with the wider world where it is all happening!  :)

I find it hard to understand why some seem to think that Europe is the centre of the universe.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 February 2019, 18:51:47 »

I find it hard to understand why some seem to think that Europe is the centre of the universe.  :-\
It ain't. But as our most important trading partner, and being a key part of increased wealth of the nation, sometimes a pragmatic view is equally worthy as a pure idealistic one.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.