Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2982885 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17955 on: 26 February 2019, 14:00:01 »

Waved goodbye to the BMW as it went off to pastures new.  :(
Did you fix the diff issue?

Yep.  :y

I would have liked to have fixed it up, but the reality is that I've too much on at the moment and it would have just sat on the drive forever, so it had to go!  :P

In comparison to the 530 the V70 is like driving a canal boat, but it suits my needs better as I can get more in it.  :y

I bet you didn't  ;D ;D :D

Just been looking at a works colleagues 3 series which was doing the same, 2k at a dealers and three drive shaft later.....we checked all the rear bushes and all were shot, you could get loads of movement in the hub....hence why they pop out.  :y

It's new life will be pootling around Torquay with its new elderly owner, who I'm sure won't drive it anywhere near as hard as I did, so I think it'll be OK.  :y

He was made fully aware of the issues as well, but his response was "No problem, my mechanic will sort all that out!"  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17956 on: 26 February 2019, 14:13:31 »

I would have liked to have fixed it up, but the reality is that I've too much on at the moment and it would have just sat on the drive forever, so it had to go!  :P

In comparison to the 530 the V70 is like driving a canal boat, but it suits my needs better as I can get more in it.  :y

Just been looking at a works colleagues 3 series which was doing the same, 2k at a dealers and three drive shaft later.....we checked all the rear bushes and all were shot, you could get loads of movement in the hub....hence why they pop out.  :y

It's new life will be pootling around Torquay with its new elderly owner, who I'm sure won't drive it anywhere near as hard as I did, so I think it'll be OK.  :y

He was made fully aware of the issues as well, but his response was "No problem, my mechanic will sort all that out!"  :)

I think it's for sale on Autotrader as we speak.

Classic derv BMW. Needs attention.  £45000. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17957 on: 26 February 2019, 14:46:32 »

I think it's for sale on Autotrader as we speak.

Classic derv BMW. Needs attention.  £45000. :)

He's making a loss at that price then!  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17958 on: 26 February 2019, 18:15:07 »

Fault found, part ordered, just need to wait for it to arrive. Although it was egay, so probably the wrong bit will turn up weeks late.
Needless to say, the oppsing part didn't turn up today, despite ordering Saturday, and the listing claiming it would be posted same day if before 2pm (so posted Monday) and I paid next day.

oppswit oppsing ebay oppsing sellers. I oppsing hate them. oppsing retards, universally.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #17959 on: 26 February 2019, 18:25:15 »

Fault found, part ordered, just need to wait for it to arrive. Although it was egay, so probably the wrong bit will turn up weeks late.
Needless to say, the oppsing part didn't turn up today, despite ordering Saturday, and the listing claiming it would be posted same day if before 2pm (so posted Monday) and I paid next day.

oppswit oppsing ebay oppsing sellers. I oppsing hate them. oppsing retards, universally.
But you keep going back for more.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17960 on: 26 February 2019, 18:34:20 »

But you keep going back for more.  ::)
I'm under a misapprehension that there is good in everyone, and believe they will do what they promise.

Now, the new GPS/compass for one of my quads that I ordered from a non ebay outlet yesterday was sat on the doormat when I got back from Londonium today.  That's how it should be.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17961 on: 26 February 2019, 18:37:09 »

Go on, admit it: you ordered a Brexit didn't you? :-*

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17962 on: 26 February 2019, 21:18:27 »

Had to use aircon in 3.2 as it was quite warm today, surprised it still worked properly and blew chilled air.  :o

I do leave it in auto all the time, but most years it stops working at some point over Christmas.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17963 on: 26 February 2019, 23:33:02 »

Had to use aircon in 3.2 as it was quite warm today, surprised it still worked properly and blew chilled air.  :o

I do leave it in auto all the time, but most years it stops working at some point over Christmas.
You do realise that auto is a climate control setting and has absolutely zero bearing on whether the aircon* compressor is either working or engaged ???

*Aircon being a separate system which happens to have a single control button,(ECO), on the climate control panel ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17964 on: 27 February 2019, 07:22:30 »

Drove the Merc to Gatwick & back , pal got let down by Taxi firm got to say enjoyed every minute but hate our ridiculous speed limits 😀

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17965 on: 27 February 2019, 09:23:59 »

I would have waved, but am off today...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17966 on: 27 February 2019, 09:45:50 »

Drove the Merc to Gatwick & back , pal got let down by Taxi firm got to say enjoyed every minute but hate our ridiculous speed limits 😀

The M25 bristles with speed cameras theses days as well.  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17967 on: 27 February 2019, 09:50:06 »

Torquay, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0onXhyLlE
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17968 on: 27 February 2019, 10:29:26 »

Torquay, you say?

Clearly a man who is not getting enough from Polly. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17969 on: 27 February 2019, 15:37:20 »

Torquay, you say?

Clearly a man who is not getting enough from Polly. :)

If you see in the news about an elderly man who has been taken away by the men in white coats when he was found re-enacting that Fawlty Towers sketch with a red BMW estate...  You'll know.....  :D

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.