Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRY TO FIND.......  (Read 1242 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
TRY TO FIND.......
« on: 26 August 2007, 08:00:59 »

What the problem is with my car stereo today, need to take the door cards and that off, the sound from the passenger side keeps cutting out and losing the bass aswell, this only started after having to have the the window replaced after the vandals broke it, so I think the glass folks must have done something with the wiring, will soon find out :y....hopefully. ::)

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: TRY TO FIND.......
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2007, 08:09:27 »

Hope you get to the bottom of it Mike, could it not just be the connection that goes from the front of the door frame into the door? You will see a thick black plastic covered connector from the 'A' frame to the door when you open the door. This carries the wiring for alsorts electrical to the innards of the door. The plug, I believe, twists anti-clockwise and comes away from the door frame. Could be just a poor connection in there. Might save you stripping down the complete door and it would be were I would start to look first. :y

hth
DaveL

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2007, 08:15:11 »

I'll check that first thanks....Oh and the horrible noise has almost gone now :-/...have the replacement part ready in any case :y

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2007, 08:19:33 »

I'll check that first thanks....Oh and the horrible noise has almost gone now :-/...have the replacement part ready in any case :y

I was just thinking about that. Just having my toast and about to set off to Devon. Really looking forward to the traffic as you know we do not get any up here. ;D ;D ;D

DaveL

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2007, 08:39:54 »

I was just thinking about that. Just having my toast and about to set off to Devon. Really looking forward to the traffic as you know we do not get any up here. ;D ;D ;D

DaveL

Sure you'll have a great time, remember to avoid the traffic :y, M6 & m1 was seemingly bad yesterday, took the car for a run up M11 to huntingdon yesterday that was chokka, a few accidents also, and managed to plant 3 OOF flyers aswell :y

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2007, 08:54:27 »

Hope you get to the bottom of it Mike, could it not just be the connection that goes from the front of the door frame into the door? You will see a thick black plastic covered connector from the 'A' frame to the door when you open the door. This carries the wiring for alsorts electrical to the innards of the door. The plug, I believe, twists anti-clockwise and comes away from the door frame. Could be just a poor connection in there. Might save you stripping down the complete door and it would be were I would start to look first. :y

hth
DaveL

Just tried that, can only get the doodaa turned a half a quarter turn, and it ain't coming away from the door frame ::)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 August 2007, 09:47:45 »

Mike,

The Omega runs are 'wet' doors, i.e. water is supposed to go through the base of the windows and then run inside the door around the sides and drained at the bottom of the door.

From what you describe I suspect that either the connectors/wiring are wet, or worst the speaker's cardboard membrane got wet.

This could be because the drainage path has been disturbed/blocked (do you have bit of glass at the bottom of the inside of door? this could impede drainage.

Also, I am assuming the glass people removed the door card and protective polyethylene sheet to gain access the to the window carrier? If so as you know it is paramount for the operation of the side airbag sensor that the protective polyethylene sheet is put back properly.

Either way, I am afraid this does sound to like a water ingress problem... but then again i could be wrong  :-?

The connectors could off at least potentially one of them, reconnect both and test...  8-)  ;D

Edit post? who, me? ...never!  ::)

« Last Edit: 26 August 2007, 10:22:17 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2007, 10:14:50 »

Problem solved, the connectors were off at least potentially one of them, reconnected both and tested at very low volume ;D ;D....for several minutes...all OK, door card back on :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 August 2007, 10:47:46 »

I get same problem with MV6, cannot get to bottom of it - intermittent no sound from drivers door.  When it does it, the tweeter goes all distorted.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 August 2007, 11:12:28 »

I get same problem with MV6, cannot get to bottom of it - intermittent no sound from drivers door.  When it does it, the tweeter goes all distorted.

Blimey! mine does exactly the same. I put it down to having installed an amp and cooked the speakers ::) although I haven't been listening to it that loud :-/.

Do you find it worse with speech type radio programs than with music? Speech gets horribly distorted through my speakers but they sound fine with music. I'm pretty sure it's the speakers themselves. May try and find some decent speakers that'll fit without too much hacking about.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2007, 11:26:34 »

Blimey! mine does exactly the same. I put it down to having installed an amp and cooked the speakers ::) although I haven't been listening to it that loud :-/.

Do you find it worse with speech type radio programs than with music? Speech gets horribly distorted through my speakers but they sound fine with music. I'm pretty sure it's the speakers themselves. May try and find some decent speakers that'll fit without too much hacking about.

Kevin
Don't listen to too many 'talkie' shows, but the phone is wired through stereo, and that is very bad.  Then all of a sudden, everything will be perfect for a while.

Tried changing speaker and tweeter, no difference. Possible, I guess, that both speakers I tried were fubar...

Hopefully Bose going in soon ;)
Grumpy old man

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2007, 17:53:57 »

Kevin
Don't listen to too many 'talkie' shows, but the phone is wired through stereo, and that is very bad.  Then all of a sudden, everything will be perfect for a while.

Tried changing speaker and tweeter, no difference. Possible, I guess, that both speakers I tried were fubar...

Hopefully Bose going in soon ;)
Mmmmm! Bose
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2007, 19:07:10 »

I can never understand why manu's put a delicate instrument (speaker) in the doors!
IMO the constant sudden jolting (ie shutting the door) will over time cause probs unless your lucky.

Ive had probs before where the sound has gone 'scratchy' and 'tinnie'.
Pushing on the cone very gently has revealed a non smooth movement....indicating the cone coil is catching on the electromagnet coil.....ie its been jolted out of alignment.

Might be worth trying if youve got scratchy/tinnie sound......will tell you if its the speakers or summat else wrong  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.