Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend an ISP  (Read 1753 times)

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
Recommend an ISP
« on: 25 August 2007, 16:34:45 »

I need some feedback on a good ISP.

With Tiscali at the moment but customer services stink. I am wanin to change but from what i have read im in for a hard time with Tiscali taking up to 8 months to release the line so as new provider can use.

Tiscali sent us a letter saying the account would be suspended if payment was not made. They give us 10 days..They have the bank details and they did not take the money not our fault..On th 23rd they suspended the account, thats a fast 10 days i call it 2 days from date of letter sent..Because they had not taken the payment i made a payment with card on the 23rd. It will take 24-48 hours to reactivate your account they said so 15:05 today i phoned to ask why..

You guesses it..Sorry sir the person who took the payment did not put in a request for reactivation..2 people have told me since my first phone call its been processed for reactivation, but today i am told otherwise..

Yes i have taken names and times and i am going to complain big time after all not our mistake but Tiscalis..So if you pay for a service and they do not supply the service for 4 days, thats if it works on Monday i am supposed to be happy with that..Tiscali T**ssers..

So in my quest for a new ISP i need some feedback as to how good the service is and most of all customer services,,I dont need someone the other side  of he world hat cannot understand me and reads from a well scripted book which many of them do..Give me your thoughts..

A very annoyed spongebob needs help..
Is the world ready for me..

wakeyomega

• Intermediate Member
  • Wakefield
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend an ISP
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2007, 17:26:13 »

I've been with demon donkeys years. Not the cheapest, but very reliable, great customer service, and none of the ISP browser crap you get with the retail ISPs such as Orange etc. I have their demon homeoffice 8000 which gives you a static IP address also.

Good luck

Pat
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2007, 17:40:34 »

All providers are good untill something happens, i was with vodafone for ages swore by them until they had a Internal re-shuffel in the firm and as with you they stopped booking the payment from my account,after getting in touch they said oh yes we have changed our software and that was the reason thank you for letting us know.
one week later like you got a letter saying that i had not payed my account dues, and were being cut off........................................ end of story.
I cancelled my account with them with so much hassel that i nearly went down to head office to knock off a few heads.

Finally changed to T-online,although i have not had any problems as to yet i believe it will be a question of time before some thing happens......

You can please some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time........
Here i lay my case your Holyness ;D ;D

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2007, 17:45:11 »

Zen are generally regarded to be the best in the business.

They are not the cheapest, but they have excellent customer service (in this country, with people who know what they are talking about!) and generally rock solid connection.
The Administrator.

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2007, 17:48:42 »

The problem lies with customer services, as Crazydad said its only when things go wrong all hell brakes loose..

I have had good connection with Tiscali for a number of years i have no complaint with that.

It seems to me where ever you have a complaint customer services are being employed on a false basis, The company they work for at fault not the individual, apart from a few..

4 days without internet when not my fault vexes me i must admit.. >:(

Spongebob..aka Victor Meldrew.. ;D ;D ;D

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2007, 18:59:07 »

Do not, under any circumstances, go with TalkTalk. Depending on where you live, they will give you free connection for ever but they stink. Customer service is non-existant. If they have a problem you have to call their premium rate number to report it and then they tell you that there isn't a problem.

P2P doesn't work until after 2300hrs and then it is really slow. We will be leaving as soon as our contract runs out.

>:( >:( >:(
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2007, 19:33:54 »

I have sky broadband, very very cheap we pay £10 amonth and that gives me 7 email accounts, unlimited internet access etc. I don't have a problem with them, I have no need to contact customer service's as I haven't got any problems. I got the sky for £10 due to bieng with sky any way. Setup is free activation free as well, wireless or hard cable router free. Setup was a doddle especially for people who aren't that good with that sort of thing, easy to follow instructions on cd and it also checks to make sure everything has been done  :y Like I say I have had no problems with sky broadband. Used to have AOL always had problems with them they changed there customer services number from freephone to lo call 0845 number so if you had to phone them you could be on the phone for ages before you spoke to someone in ireland.

Cheers Paul :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2007, 19:43:39 »

ditto, sky broadband combined with telephone and tv. no problems.......
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2007, 20:30:59 »

Do not, under any circumstances, go with TalkTalk. Depending on where you live, they will give you free connection for ever but they stink. Customer service is non-existant. If they have a problem you have to call their premium rate number to report it and then they tell you that there isn't a problem.

P2P doesn't work until after 2300hrs and then it is really slow. We will be leaving as soon as our contract runs out.

>:( >:( >:(

Talktalk ruined Onetel - they were good for dialup customers - used ISDN for a while with them

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2007, 23:26:23 »

Thanks for the input everyone, I have checked out a few that has been mentioned so far.  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2007, 23:34:23 »

I can second the recommendation for Zen. They are very good. Only problems I've had have been when a BT muppet in the exchange cut the wrong wire. All ISPs are in the same boat if that happens. Just have to wait.

I have experience of Vispa as well. Not quite as stable as Zen IMHO (DNS seems to get slow sometimes) but still excellent and more than adequate for home use.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2007, 23:44:51 »

I have had no end of problems with Tiscali and it all started in Feb and is still ongoing today. I had to get intouch with OFCOM to get me my migration code as Tiscali promised it so many times and never produced it and after hours on an 0870 No to their customer services the last bill was massive so I refused to pay until they removed all the calls I should'nt have had to make. Anyway OFCOM are involved again and hopefully Tiscali will be off my back. I with Virgin 8meg now and its sooooooooooo ssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Retired

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2007, 23:49:06 »

Everyone wants something different from their ISP.

I personally use Zen Internet, and that is what this forum runs from.  Good tech support most of the time, and you can talk to them by phone (rather than the usual ticketing systems used by most).
Grumpy old man

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 August 2007, 23:50:10 »

I have had no end of problems with Tiscali and it all started in Feb and is still ongoing today. I had to get intouch with OFCOM to get me my migration code as Tiscali promised it so many times and never produced it and after hours on an 0870 No to their customer services the last bill was massive so I refused to pay until they removed all the calls I should'nt have had to make. Anyway OFCOM are involved again and hopefully Tiscali will be off my back. I with Virgin 8meg now and its sooooooooooo ssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

This is what i am reading, Tiscali are dragging their heel in supplying the mac code typically 8 months..
As i said when running its fine but i think its time for a change but dont want a poor service so this input is good for others too.. :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 August 2007, 23:57:59 »

This is why I got OFCOM involved, by law they should produce a MAC code in 5 days. Give OFCOM a call they soon pull their fingers out :y
Retired
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.