Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: vauxhall omega Oil Warning Light Flickering When going up a steep hill  (Read 3091 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

Always used semi synthetic 10w/40 on all my omegas. Checked the oil level today, it is ok on the stick.  The sump has no gasket, just grey goo. Checked it today at tick over and it sounded like it normally does, also no oil light flicker. Will do oil and filter change. If have nice weather (which doesn't happen often in Scotland ;D) then will also take off sump to check pickup.

Thanks for all the help.

Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

Can anyone tell me if the old bolts that hold the oil pan on, need new ones or if the old ones can be used? I have read up about the removal of it and refitting, the instructions say that it needs new bolts. What is the Torque setting for the bolts.  Also can I leave the Oil level sensor?

Thanks for any help.

Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile

I would be inclined to re-use the old bolts with a little thread locking compound.

Torque is listed as 15NM for "oil pan to oil pan housing" bolts. I assume those are the lower sump pan bolts?

Play it by ear if that sounds excessive for the size of the bolts.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile

Can anyone tell me if the old bolts that hold the oil pan on, need new ones or if the old ones can be used? I have read up about the removal of it and refitting, the instructions say that it needs new bolts. What is the Torque setting for the bolts.  Also can I leave the Oil level sensor?

Thanks for any help.

Addy

Were they the instructions according to the Haynes manual? I would ignore them; they also specified new bolts for the water pump, and when the brilliant James (V6CDX) fitted my water pump for me he said they were not stressed parts and the old ones were fine. The same must apply to sump bolts.

Ron.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile

I think such as Haynes always say use new nuts/bolts/whatevers as this then covers their backs if you re-use old ones and something goes wrong.Personally on such as a sump I'd re-use what's there unless the threads are stripped or something.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.