Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Courtesy car and insurance repairers  (Read 816 times)

05omegav6

Courtesy car and insurance repairers
« on: 17 November 2011, 16:38:54 »

When Enterprise finally condescended to pick me up 90 mins late, I was given a choice of a 1.4 3 door Corsa, or a 10 min wait for a, (bearing in mind someone else is paying ::)), free upgrade. 'What's the upgrade I ask?' 'A BMW' is the reply. 'I'll wait, Corsas are woeful.'

Apparantly a 118d 1 Series is an acceptable equivalant upgrade to an Insignia, let alone an Omega. FFS it doesn't even have cruise control. Only saving graces were RWD, manual and free. :y
Actually OK to drive, well balanced, bit thumpy on rougher bits but it was an M Sport model. I even used the indicators, once I'd found them. ::) In fairness the switch for them is in the glovebox which may go someway to explain why people don't use them  :P.

As for the repairers, I'd be inclined to avoid Apollo Motor Group.

I took the car in last Thursday to have the estimate confirmed. Had to practically beg them to put the car on a ramp to asses the tow bar and crash bar, which are both clearly visible,( and clearly bent). Local VX dealer had done the original estimate but have only just stopped boing bodywork :'(
Took it back in first thing Tuesday. In the time that it took for Enterprise to turn up, I could have stripped the bumper, crash bar and tow bar off, and been well on the way to putting it all back together... If they'd ordered the fking parts >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Get a call Wednesday lunchtime to say car would be ready for collection on Friday. >:(
Get a call 3pm today saying that car is ready. All good you might think, but no... When I asked what they'd done, 'repaired the bumper and repaired the tow bar' :o

I intend to reject the repair unless they can prove that the crashbar has been replaced, and that the bumper has been removed for repair/paint. Towbar issue in a separate thread. >:(

05omegav6

Re: Courtesy car and insurance repairers
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2011, 15:32:57 »

Finally found the cruise control ::). It was hiding behind my left knee, about 6 inches below where the indicators should be were they not in the glovebox...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.