Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Costs of running a car  (Read 6011 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Costs of running a car
« Reply #45 on: 27 March 2024, 21:40:50 »

I've never, worked out what a car has cost me to own or run, It breaks I fix it, it needs fuel I fill it up.
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 March 2024, 21:55:58 »

I've never, worked out what a car has cost me to own or run, It breaks I fix it, it needs fuel I fill it up.

Don't mention fuel costs  :-X
some of us still own Omegas  :-[

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 March 2024, 22:43:18 »

The V6 mundano was either a 2.9 or 3.0 IIRC, so a bit disappointing.

2.5 24V Duratec V6, I believe. The godawful 12v V6s were dead and buried by then.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 March 2024, 23:07:31 »

The V6 mundano was either a 2.9 or 3.0 IIRC, so a bit disappointing.

2.5 24V Duratec V6, I believe. The godawful 12v V6s were dead and buried by then.
Butchered Mazda lump as seen in the Ford Probation.

The 2.8i Cologne was pretty handy in the Xr4x4, but that didn't weigh much over a ton. And with a 5 speed and LSD was pretty effective in the MK2 Granada too. >:D

The 2.9 24v was a totally different animal and with the weight advantage would keep a full fat Omega in check.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 March 2024, 15:56:18 »

My first car, a 1980 Renault 5 GTL produced about 500bhp and went like stink!  8)                                                ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 March 2024, 16:43:45 »

My first car, a 1980 Renault 5 GTL produced about 500bhp and went like stink!  8)                                                ;D

My missus had a Renault 11 Turbo about 30 odd years ago , she collected points like they were going out of fashion, so bought her a Subaru Forester to replace it & she's had one ever since.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 March 2024, 17:47:51 »

I had Renault 5,11,9, and 21 turbos in my foolish youth, side exit exhaust on the 11 and 9 too😁earned me a few points as well👍
Laying a rubber road.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 March 2024, 20:12:24 »

I've never owned a French car, a wise man said" never buy a French motor"
I once owned a Skoda 120 rapide, blew it up in a week,, and sold it to a Guy to use the shell for a rally car, for twice what I paid for it,,, I think the fact it had no sunroof, is what made it a good price
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 March 2024, 20:58:43 »

My Renault 5 did 60 in second, and had a fabulous tilt when going round a corner or roundabout at speed!  :D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28 March 2024, 21:05:01 »

Only had one Renault, a 20TS auto. It was a comfortable car and was plenty fast enough. Unfortunately, the camshaft was made of chocolate (French steel) and once the cam lobes had worn down to a point where there was no adjustment left, I..............sold it to my mate 😂😂
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 March 2024, 21:19:18 »

Such a kind fellow, I wish I was your mate🙁
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03 April 2024, 11:50:41 »

Waiting in today for various car parts to arrive + a new phone for SWMBO, so I had some time on my hands to calculate how much had been spent on my Range Rover Sport before I purchased it in 2019 it totals up to £11,797.22 so approximately £1,000 pa.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 03 April 2024, 12:21:47 »

A long, long time ago, back when the pubs still closed on Sunday afternoons a friend picked up his new car carefully selected to be faster than his brother's 1.4l Renault 5. Out of all the options to achieve this in the early 90s, Alan opted for a 1.7l R5. It's guaranteed to be faster :y

When the pub closed, we discovered that if all three rear passengers throw themselves against the outside when the car is at full lean on a 90° bend at the bottom of two hills, the whole car skips across the road in a hilariously dangerous way.

About 15 years later, the same bend at the bottom of Water Works Hill was the scene of the Trabant Incident which was even more dangerous, but nowhere near as funny when sheer luck prevented it from being a fatal crash...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 03 April 2024, 20:20:10 »

A long, long time ago, back when the pubs still closed on Sunday afternoons a friend picked up his new car carefully selected to be faster than his brother's 1.4l Renault 5. Out of all the options to achieve this in the early 90s, Alan opted for a 1.7l R5. It's guaranteed to be faster :y

When the pub closed, we discovered that if all three rear passengers throw themselves against the outside when the car is at full lean on a 90° bend at the bottom of two hills, the whole car skips across the road in a hilariously dangerous way.

About 15 years later, the same bend at the bottom of Water Works Hill was the scene of the Trabant Incident which was even more dangerous, but nowhere near as funny when sheer luck prevented it from being a fatal crash...

I might have ended up being grounded for a while as a result, but I can't help thinking 17 year old me did the world a favour by punting a Renault 5 into the scrapyard in my Mum's Volvo. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.