Chat Area > General Car Chat

Zafira 1.4 Turbo petrol - Shed or not?

(1/3) > >>

Kevin Wood:
My brother is considering buying one. 2015 model with 30k on the clock IIRC.

Any horror stories? Anything to look out for?

It's got climate control, so hopefully not fitted with the incendiary fan resistor.

STEMO:
It's a bog standard Vauxhall, nothing different to any other bog standard Vauxhall. And it won't self combust unless you put Chinese parts in it.

tunnie:
I wanted one but out of budget as only put auto to 1.4 in 2015 ish, so I have 2.0 diesel.

Research suggested though 1.4 bit underpowered and needs high revs all the time, fine for pottering around town. But if he does motorway stints i would go for the diese.

It’s 165bph, even in auto trim my Zaf does not disgrace itself. At no time does it feel under powered, easily zips up to 90 without breaking sweat.

BazaJT:
I think this is the problem these days as manufacturers strive to claim ever better fuel economy and lower emissions they put ever smaller[albeit turbo'd]engines into ever bigger vehicles,so you have to thrash the nuts off them to actually go anywhere.

Kevin Wood:

--- Quote from: tunnie on 21 May 2018, 23:35:55 ---I wanted one but out of budget as only put auto to 1.4 in 2015 ish, so I have 2.0 diesel.

Research suggested though 1.4 bit underpowered and needs high revs all the time, fine for pottering around town. But if he does motorway stints i would go for the diese.

It’s 165bph, even in auto trim my Zaf does not disgrace itself. At no time does it feel under powered, easily zips up to 90 without breaking sweat.

--- End quote ---

It does indeed do pottering around town mainly, so a tractor is not going to cut it.

I think it'll probably do the job nicely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version