Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Skoda superb, ugly rear view  (Read 2267 times)

05omegav6

Re: Skoda superb, ugly rear view
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2015, 22:00:39 »

I think that year Superb estate is one of the best looking "normal" cars on the road - hugely spec dependent though. I'd have a purple 3.6, if they came with a proper engine (and gearbox)

Three cam head does not a V6 make... If Volvo can fit a 3.0/3.2 straight six and V8 in a wwd mumsybus, the sure as shit so could VW...

...If they could be arsed that is :-X

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2015, 22:44:57 »

The 3.0 straight 6 in the 960, was a very good engine, except for its habit of eating head gaskets about every 40k miles and head casting problems, which meant bits of metal falling off when replacing the head gasket. :(

Low down torque and power curve much better than Omega and much faster time to temperature of between a mile and 2 miles, which was good in winter weather. Power output, performance and fuel consumption on a par with a 3.0l Omega.

Its weakness was solid live real axle and handling finesse like a camel with an attitude problem. Omega will confidently go round corners 10 to 20 mph faster. The mid-life update version was meant to be much better with a multi-link independent rear axle and heavily revised suspension all round.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2015, 02:00:18 »

I was thinking current model V70/S80 rather than the 700/900/V90 family :y

Incidentally, the six pot Volvo tanks used Renault V6s well into the nineties...

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2015, 14:13:44 »

I was thinking current model V70/S80 rather than the 700/900/V90 family :y

Incidentally, the six pot Volvo tanks used Renault V6s well into the nineties...

Yes, the old Renault V6's had a reputation for eating the made of chocolate cams.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.