Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3040132 times)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #10260 on: 25 May 2015, 16:04:47 »

Wasted 3 hours of chrisgixers time trying to solve my issues :'(
Checked trims and maf ouput and found no issues there, afaict.
Weren't LTFTs a bit off, albeit not by much, but show there may be a potential issue?

Ideally, the LTFTs need checking after a couple of hundred miles now they have been reset.
-2 and +2 long term. My old 3.2 often showed plus or minus 3 before I gassed it. So didn't think much of an error there. Is that an issue?
Yes.  On petrol, DBW V6's should have both banks at 0 at all times.  If they both drift the same way, suspect the MAF (or airleak near the MAF), if one drifts and other doesn't, suspect an air leak much nearer the cylinder, or in the exhaust beyond, or suspect lamdas.

However, that's not enough of a drift to cause problems IMHO. Given your text description, I'd be suspicious of either the gearbox or its ECU (don't tell Unlucky Alf ;D).  But the current symptoms are not the same as the symptoms from a few weeks ago?

Correct. Although I may not have witnessed all the symptoms Pauls has.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: 26 May 2015, 12:12:00 »

Have decided that not using sealent to reseat camcover gaskets is not a good idea....

I tell you why, I did the HG's last weekend ready for our trip away for half term...

Hooked up the caravan, did around 35 miles and the N/S cam cover decided to unseal itself and piss oil out and onto the exhaust manifold and down the back of the engine and underneath is coated in GM's finest semi synthetic now... also the caravan is coated across the front of it too...

Am up in Carnforth wih a poorly sick motor thats now had sealent smeared onto it in the hope it stays sealed for the remainder of our holiday and stays like that until I can get home...

oppsing pissed off aint the word...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: 26 May 2015, 13:21:23 »

Yesterday.  ;)

Fitted refurbed wishbones.  The wishbones I pulled off had some cracked welds around the rear bushes so I dug out an old set and put the new bushes in those instead.  :y

Now I remember why the old wishbones were replaced in the first place apart from shagged bushes they creaked!  :o  With new bushes they still creak, probably more so with the poly bushes!  ::)  :(

Hey ho, I guess I'll be doing it all again sometime in the nearish future.  ::)  In the immediate future I'll just crank the sounds up!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: 26 May 2015, 13:25:39 »

Yesterday.  ;)

Fitted refurbed wishbones.  The wishbones I pulled off had some cracked welds around the rear bushes so I dug out an old set and put the new bushes in those instead.  :y

Now I remember why the old wishbones were replaced in the first place apart from shagged bushes they creaked!  :o  With new bushes they still creak, probably more so with the poly bushes!  ::)  :(

Hey ho, I guess I'll be doing it all again sometime in the nearish future.  ::)  In the immediate future I'll just crank the sounds up!  ;D

So poly's are causing the bones to crack on the welds  :(
Omegatitis

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: 26 May 2015, 15:58:47 »

Relieved myself of £230, and they don't even send me a beermat sized bit of paper.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: 26 May 2015, 19:28:03 »

Yesterday.  ;)

So poly's are causing the bones to crack on the welds  :(

Maybe, but I think they were going anyway as the poly's weren't on very long before I pulled the wishbones out.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: 26 May 2015, 19:31:59 »

Polly vertical bushes look to stress the rear of the wishbone, but no issues detected by using poly horizontal bushes at the front
Grumpy old man

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: 26 May 2015, 19:45:24 »

Put lots and lots of fuel in the Elite for the wife to drive it to Scotland this weekend :y That will give me time to strip the Elite saloon a bit more over the weekend :y or do all the jobs she will leave me ;D ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: 26 May 2015, 19:47:28 »

Polly vertical bushes look to stress the rear of the wishbone, but no issues detected by using poly horizontal bushes at the front

Yes it was the front bushes that I fitted the polys, but I still had handling problems, not as bad but still noticable.  So I pulled out the wishbones to fit new rear bushes and the weld was just starting to crack around the rear bush.  ::)

They were only about 9 months/10000 miles (ish) as well.  >:(  ATP's from the Fatherland.  ::)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: 26 May 2015, 20:07:14 »

Yes it was the front bushes that I fitted the polys, but I still had handling problems, not as bad but still noticable.  So I pulled out the wishbones to fit new rear bushes and the weld was just starting to crack around the rear bush.  ::)

They were only about 9 months/10000 miles (ish) as well.  >:(  ATP's from the Fatherland::)

That's what I have on the MV6, with poly's on the front of them. will have to have a look to see how they are doing (been on 4 mths now) :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #10270 on: 26 May 2015, 22:03:07 »

Indeed, that doesn't sound good at all...

Still no signs of stress cracking on my wishbones with vertical polys,  but then they do allow some lateral movement,  particularly noticeable when you press the noisy pedal at low speed with some lock on... ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: 28 May 2015, 18:51:21 »

Got a coolant warning on the Silver Bullet...   ...so put some petrol in it. That didn't cure it, obviously.

*sigh*
Grumpy old man

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: 28 May 2015, 18:58:00 »

Burped it and topped up . Looks very glossy after a clean  :) Trouble is it will be covered in dust again overnight  :(
Omegatitis

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: 28 May 2015, 19:12:56 »

Got a coolant warning on the Silver Bullet...   ...so put some petrol in it. That didn't cure it, obviously.

*sigh*

You'll never guess what happened to me on the way home....?

*oppsin sigh*

I'll save you the bother

"was it..... The coolant warning by any chance?"

Yeeeees

"Is it, by any chance, the hbv?"

.....you know, I think it might just be.

"Well I never did"

;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: 28 May 2015, 20:03:11 »

Mine had an HBV late last year, although even at the time I knew it was the HG ;D
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.