Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Clutch  (Read 889 times)

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
Omega Clutch
« on: 22 November 2018, 23:20:28 »

Hi Guys

I’ve posted on here some time ago about an issue I’ve got with the clutch in my Omega 2.5TD with a manual gearbox.

Just to recap, start the engine and the car won’t go into gear, keep a steady pressure on the gear lever turn engine off and it goes straight into gear no problem.

The fluid level isn’t going down in the shared brake reservoir.

Tried bleeding the concentric slave cylinder problem still persists.

There’s no clutch slip when accelerating hard or going up hill.

Once the car is running within a few minutes the gears go in no problem, and by a few minutes I mean in the time it takes to reverse the car off my driveway.

Question 1: Is there another cylinder behind the clutch pedal, if not does anyone know how the system works, ie when pressure is applied to the clutch pedal how does it force fluid down the pipe to the concentric cylinder if there’s no cylinder attached to the clutch pedal.

Question 2: Is there a way of testing the brake master cylinder to find out if the rubbers inside it are simply allowing fluid to pass back and forth over them.

Question 3: If there is another cylinder at the back of the clutch pedal is there any way it can be tested to see if it’s working as it should.

I don’t want to go rushing straight in and buy a new complete clutch and concentric cylinder plus a new dual mass flywheel, well at least not without checking the other items out first.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Clive

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Clutch
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2018, 09:12:15 »

1. Check the gear box oil level.

2. The clutch pedal has a master cylinder which is fed by the brake reservoir.

When cold, will it go into gear if you first pump the clutch pedal? If yes, then the master could be failing... This would eventually affect it when upto temp ie long motorway cruise in 5th followed by not being able to select a low gear at the junction off the slip road.

3.If no then only one possible source of issue...

When the clutch was last changed, the splines weren't fitted/cleaned/greased properly allowing the plate to stick when cold... A bit of heat and it expands just enough to work freely. No solution without pulling the box... BUT try the following and see if the issue alleviates to the point on livewithability...

When you park up at the end of the day/journey... Stop with the clutch pedal down and hold it. Handbrake on. Into neutral. Engine off. Clutch up.

4. Have you reverse bled the clutch? Just to rule it out. Although if it were a bleeding issue you would have a consistent problem...
« Last Edit: 23 November 2018, 09:15:35 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.