Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop and Search powers  (Read 4916 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Stop and Search powers
« Reply #15 on: 01 April 2019, 14:56:56 »

The point that the vast majority neglect to realise is that the 20k extra officers are simple replacing those culled byTM whilst Home Secretary and simply revert to numbers of time past.

In addition, when news outlets and HMG spout that ‘extra patrols’ are being deployed, that does not mean that the magic box of extra officers has been discovered but those already stretched to and beyond breaking point are having rest days cancelled or being removed from an already short staffed area to workin another.

TJF indeed......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2019, 15:36:01 »

A lot of the officers who were "culled" have been employed in civilian roles within the Police Service & are used as advisors because of the experience they have.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 April 2019, 15:36:56 »

It is a fairly parlous state of affairs.

Britain is a rich country and yet there aren't enough policemen or ambulances or a hundred other public servants or services. There is plenty of money around it just isn't going to the right places.

Tories cut public spending
Labour bloat public spending (and borrowing)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2019, 15:48:29 »

A lot of the officers who were "culled" have been employed in civilian roles within the Police Service & are used as advisors because of the experience they have.

Define ‘a lot’.

90%? 50%?  10%?

I would suggest that by far and away the vast majority want nothing more to do with the Police Service.  If indeed it is still considered a ‘Service’ and not simply a job.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2019, 15:50:08 »

Define ‘a lot’.

90%? 50%?  10%?

I would suggest that by far and away the vast majority want nothing more to do with the Police Service.  If indeed it is still considered a ‘Service’ and not simply a job.

Yorkshire 40 percent.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2019, 16:10:15 »

Define ‘a lot’.

90%? 50%?  10%?

Yorkshire 40 percent.

That percentage surprises me.  How many simply retired and got a civi job afterwards?  Not uncommon for that to happen.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2019, 16:23:59 »

It is a fairly parlous state of affairs.

Britain is a rich country and yet there aren't enough policemen or ambulances or a hundred other public servants or services. There is plenty of money around it just isn't going to the right places.

Tories cut public spending
Labour bloat public spending (and borrowing)
If Liebour hadn't spent all the money (and plenty more after) that the Tories made in the previous government, the current government wouldn't have needed to cut back.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 April 2019, 16:28:32 »

Define ‘a lot’.

90%? 50%?  10%?

Yorkshire 40 percent.

That percentage surprises me.  How many simply retired and got a civi job afterwards?  Not uncommon for that to happen.
Having started as a cadet, my uncle was forced to retire at around 50. He did a bit of related consulting work, but quite quickly moved into other areas and hasn't looked back.

A large part of the financial problem is that the budgets won't cover existing pensions as well as significant wage increases or extra personnel. Something has to give and there would be hell to pay if the pensions were cut back.
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2019, 16:36:07 »

Define ‘a lot’.

90%? 50%?  10%?

Yorkshire 40 percent.

Having started as a cadet, my uncle was forced to retire at around 50. He did a bit of related consulting work, but quite quickly moved into other areas and hasn't looked back.

A large part of the financial problem is that the budgets won't cover existing pensions as well as significant wage increases or extra personnel. Something has to give and there would be hell to pay if the pensions were cut back.

Exactly the same scenario in HMPS

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2019, 16:58:14 »

The point that the vast majority neglect to realise is that the 20k extra officers are simple replacing those culled byTM whilst Home Secretary and simply revert to numbers of time past.

In addition, when news outlets and HMG spout that ‘extra patrols’ are being deployed, that does not mean that the magic box of extra officers has been discovered but those already stretched to and beyond breaking point are having rest days cancelled or being removed from an already short staffed area to workin another.

TJF indeed......

I think the general public do understand all that, and if they do not they must be thick and not have listened to the media reports and senior police officers protestations.

When officers fail to turn up after a treble nine call, and when they are told "officers have had to be diverted", they then get the full picture, and the local criminals know all that only too well as I stated. ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2019, 17:03:40 »

Define ‘a lot’.

90%? 50%?  10%?

Indeed, that is what I have found to be the case.  Only a relatively few retired senior officers I have found to be operating in advisory roles.  Certainly the police down here seem to rely a lot on us civilian advisors, but that all rests on our past / existing skills and knowledge.  I would sooner see more ex-job men and women advising, but many go into other civilian roles, such as my old company's Security Department where they were very useful for us to catch our set of criminals! They got to enjoy their police pensions and attract a nice salary with Company pension. All they missed, so they stated to me, was the power of their warrant cards as one was a DCI, the other a DCS.  Win win all round! :y
« Last Edit: 01 April 2019, 17:08:37 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2019, 18:13:52 »

Having had my 2nd Council tax letter in 2 weeks (yes, our council really are that incompitent and wasteful, but then they are the lowest of the civil servants on the uselessness scale), I seem to be being charged a lot for Police, but there is no visibility of improvement.  And clearly more violent crime is on the increase here, hence there is now only 1 cashpoint in the town, as all the others kept getting nicked, or the latest stunt, to mame the security people filling them, so 4 of the 5 cashpoints are gone for good.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2019, 18:18:00 »

I think my local (manned) cop shop is towcester.  Just south of Towcester is the Super Sausage, that is always full of Jam Sandwiches.  Maybe they have a lot of trouble there  ::)

(Now obviously everybody is entitled to a tea break etc, but they really could be a little less obvious...   ...particularly when I often follow a Jam Sandwich from the cop shop down the A5 to the Super Sausage, a distance of about 4 miles.)

I do have the greatest respect for the majority of police officers, but the management of it is definately typical civil service, and obviously there are one or 2 bad apples...
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2019, 20:17:33 »

One thing that I think is utterly ridiculous is the fact that we have 40 odd Police Forces across England and Wales.  ::)  My nearest manned Police station is in Axminster which is about 5 miles away and that's Devon and Cornwall, but I live just over the border in Dorset and the nearest manned Dorset police station is Bridport which is 10 miles.  I think the nearest 24 hour station is Weymouth and thats 25 miles.

There was talk of merging Devon and Cornwall Constabulary with Dorset Police, but it didn't happen probably more for local political than operational reasons.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 April 2019, 11:09:55 »

It won't be long before each force only has one Police station to worry about.  :D

The one in Alton has now closed but they've opened an office next to the buttie van in the industrial estate. They can park their jam sandwiches out of sight there where there's no likelihood of "passing trade". I'm sure the proximity to the buttie van is purely coincidental. ::)

The Police station in Bridport seems to serve no purpose other than to ensure the already stretched car parking in the area is permanently half full of Police vehicles. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.