Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For sale 3L V6 Elite 98 reg auto  (Read 5025 times)

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
  • Why is nothing ever easy??????
    • View Profile
For sale 3L V6 Elite 98 reg auto
« on: 21 April 2009, 00:59:24 »

Main reason for regrettable :'( sale due to running cost (i.e. 24 MPG average) which I know for the lump and size of the car is quite respectable. Although I truly love this car and in the short 7 months I have owned her she has given me so much pleasure, comfortable motoring and all fairly hassle free other than the heater matrix blowing. I do have a good condition replacement just not had the time to replace it.
Have got pics but need help to put them on here. :-[
She has done 190k, got no MOT left, only a month and a bit of Tax. As far as I am aware but NOT making any promises or guarantee's the only thing she will need for MOT is new hand brake shoes. Nearly new tyres all round, she had all her suspension replaced and service less than a year ago. Other than general wear and tear she is in good condition aside from the usual rear arches rusting along with a couple of other spots. Navy blue in colour. Couple of dinks and scratches on body but nothing major. Interior is very clean, grey leather. All electrics work well apart from passenger rear window doesn't open, think the motor has gone but again just not got round to checking it and doing the work.
Like I have already said this is a regrettable sale :'(, I love her to bits but my boss can't see the justification of me asking for a pay rise simply for me to keep her.
I don't want silly money for her under the circumstances but am open to sensible offers baring in mind that my local scrappy gave me £120 for the rot box donor mig I took last week.
Think that's about it, any more info required please PM me will reply A.S.A.P. or when pc will let me on net.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2009, 01:07:25 by si_vaux »
Can somebody point out that it's called North Wales for a reason, lol. Every one of my southern friends always says "How do you fancy coming up to see us or well come down to you." NORTH means up. DOGH!!!!

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: For sale 3L V6 Elite 98 reg auto
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2009, 01:07:35 »

Here you go matey.

Better than I can explain.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1215723122
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2009, 14:25:06 »

Hi Si,

PM sent :y
Retired

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2009, 00:06:31 »

Hi Pete.

PM replied to. :y
Can somebody point out that it's called North Wales for a reason, lol. Every one of my southern friends always says "How do you fancy coming up to see us or well come down to you." NORTH means up. DOGH!!!!

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2009, 13:10:12 »

Should be putting pics up later guys. Am looking to get somewhere in the region of £350 ish for her. Let me know if you think I'm dreaming. Am thinking of putting her on eBay later too.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2009, 13:10:55 by si_vaux »

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2009, 18:15:37 »

Just to add some pics!

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2009, 18:26:59 »

Hope these are of some use.

Grrrrrr

• Intermediate Member
  • Buckinghamshire
    • Jaguar. WTF have I done?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2009, 21:26:01 »

Nice car. Pity the bodywork is so bad... and it is an auto!

I'd say without the MoT you're looking at scrap value only. I wouldn't pay more. Having said that I flogged a Renault for my neighbour 6 months ago on eBay with no tax, no MoT ticket and it made nearly £200.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)

johnnybbad

• chester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2009, 21:53:47 »

im looking for an elite project, but due to the mot i would only be looking at paying about £200 for yours

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2009, 22:03:38 »

Hope these are of some use.

Please fix your avatar, its huge.

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2009, 23:36:41 »

Blimey!!! did they fit rear arches off a Senator by mistake ::) don't think I've seen one that bad :(.

wayne79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2009, 08:03:24 »

Have you thought of breaking it for spares ? if you have the space to doit that is ?

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2009, 20:53:30 »

The arches look worse in the picture than they are, it wouldnt take much to put them right. Its all on the surface there not about to fall apart!

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2009, 19:18:30 »

I haven't really thought about breaking her cos I think she is still in good nick but I do have the room to break her but there seems to be so many parts and bits n pieces up for grabs and I don't really want bits sitting around cluttering up the garage for months on end. If there is enough interest I would think about breaking her for spares.

si vaux

• Bangor, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2009, 21:27:32 »

I'm not getting much interest as the car stands so am thinking more about breaking her. What parts would people be interested in if I was to break her and how much would people be looking to pay for these parts?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.