Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Friday.  (Read 21956 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Friday.
« Reply #120 on: 10 July 2018, 18:57:55 »

Are you stoned/drunk/insane/had a bump on the head? * :o

*delete as applicable.
I think you'll find a sizeable part of the electorate will be voting for him if there is an election. That's why we have them, you see, so that people who have different views to yours can make those views known.
I remember on here the days before the brexit vote.....anyone who voted to leave was stoned/drunk/insane, but we know what happened there.

Actually STEMO I remember as a remainer that I was considered all of the above and more!  Funny how we all have a different perception of things! ;D ;D ;)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 10 July 2018, 19:03:25 »

Yeah the Corbyn / IRA link has been very well promoted by the Stasi completely unbiased BBC.  Estimates of between 3095 and 30,000 killed by Pinochet, didn't stop Thatcher sticking her nose up his a*se, 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 10 July 2018, 19:09:45 »

*delete as applicable.
I think you'll find a sizeable part of the electorate will be voting for him if there is an election. That's why we have them, you see, so that people who have different views to yours can make those views known.
I remember on here the days before the brexit vote.....anyone who voted to leave was stoned/drunk/insane, but we know what happened there.

Actually STEMO I remember as a remainer that I was considered all of the above and more!  Funny how we all have a different perception of things! ;D ;D ;)

Yep...it was the remainers like Lizzie and myself who were considered unhinged. I would say about 80% of OOF voted to leave. Having said that I have never been a fan of the EU. It is deeply flawed. It just seemed to me that to remain was the 'least worst' option.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 10 July 2018, 19:14:09 »

Now we are leaving I would prefer we leave 'properly'.......none of this soft brexit crap. That isn't leaving at all. :-\

We have this dilemma. We want to leave but seem intent on clinging to the EU because it's a big bad world out there.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 10 July 2018, 19:14:48 »

His own words and his own deeds. Nothing to do with bias.
Pinochet aside, this was supporting the slaughter and maiming of British men , women, children, soldiers, police etc etc within the UK for 30 years. He even invited the IRA leadership to the commons as his personal guests, weeks after they had attmpted to murder the whole elected British Govt.
In his simple world view, anyone who is left wing, anti capitalist, anti West, anti U.S. or anti U.K is someone he can call a friend.
I truly cannot understand how any British person could vote for him and his gang.
Btwe, Ive never voted Tory in my life.

Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 10 July 2018, 19:26:13 »

His own words and his own deeds. Nothing to do with bias.
Pinochet aside, this was supporting the slaughter and maiming of British men , women, children, soldiers, police etc etc within the UK for 30 years. He even invited the IRA leadership to the commons as his personal guests, weeks after they had attmpted to murder the whole elected British Govt.
In his simple world view, anyone who is left wing, anti capitalist, anti West, anti U.S. or anti U.K is someone he can call a friend.
I truly cannot understand how any British person could vote for him and his gang.
Btwe, Ive never voted Tory in my life.

Neither have I.

I would also have some difficulty voting for old Jezza.

He seems to represent the past rather than the future. It would be 1977 forever if he became PM. :D

STEMO

« Reply #126 on: 10 July 2018, 19:34:10 »

*delete as applicable.

Yes, I meant remain, sorry.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 10 July 2018, 19:37:32 »

*delete as applicable.

Yes, I meant remain, sorry.

You are elderly and confused. Of course you are forgiven. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 10 July 2018, 21:24:40 »

Now we are leaving I would prefer we leave 'properly'.......none of this soft brexit crap. That isn't leaving at all. :-\

We have this dilemma. We want to leave but seem intent on clinging to the EU because it's a big bad world out there.

I think that Boris Johnson summed it up in his resignation letter saying that the dream is dying, suffocated by needless self doubt.   :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 10 July 2018, 22:01:08 »

I think that Boris Johnson summed it up in his resignation letter saying that the dream is dying, suffocated by needless self doubt.   :(

He was one of the leading leave campaigners, in a senior government position. And yet the first we hear of his dissatisfaction with the process is his resignation.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 10 July 2018, 22:29:26 »

Gagged from speaking out by the position. Now unencumbered, he is as free as us to speak out...

Unless that was your sarcastic face ::)
« Last Edit: 10 July 2018, 22:42:00 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 10 July 2018, 22:38:47 »

He was one of the leading leave campaigners, in a senior government position. And yet the first we hear of his dissatisfaction with the process is his resignation.

Where have you been?  ???

Boris was probably the most outspoken Minister in favour of BREXIT over the last couple of years. ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 10 July 2018, 23:46:01 »

Where have you been?  ???

Boris was probably the most outspoken Minister in favour of BREXIT over the last couple of years. ::)
. Err that’s what he said??
Laying a rubber road.

aaronjb

« Reply #133 on: 11 July 2018, 09:02:04 »

I think you'll find a sizeable part of the electorate will be voting for him if there is an election.

I know people who are positively wetting themselves in anticipation of being able to vote him in - good union members and young people in low paid jobs who believe he will be their saviour, mostly.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 11 July 2018, 10:30:05 »

I know people who are positively wetting themselves in anticipation of being able to vote him in - good union members and young people in low paid jobs who believe he will be their saviour, mostly.

For young ppl, its quite hard to argue with tbh.

Since 2009 (so practically living memory for the 18-25 yo's), their benefits have been cut, as have funds to help access to education, housing benefit vs rent, the rise zero hrs contracts meaning a lack of secure employment, but meanwhile support for the benefits which most benefit the older generations (triple lock on pensions, tax breaks for the wealthy) have stayed firmly in place.

I'm not saying Corbyn is the answer, or even the better alternative. But from their p.o.v. any port in a storm.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.