Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Friday.  (Read 21960 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Friday.
« Reply #135 on: 11 July 2018, 10:47:37 »

I know people who are positively wetting themselves in anticipation of being able to vote him in - good union members and young people in low paid jobs who believe he will be their saviour, mostly.

For young ppl, its quite hard to argue with tbh.

Since 2009 (so practically living memory for the 18-25 yo's), their benefits have been cut, as have funds to help access to education, housing benefit vs rent, the rise zero hrs contracts meaning a lack of secure employment, but meanwhile support for the benefits which most benefit the older generations (triple lock on pensions, tax breaks for the wealthy) have stayed firmly in place.

I'm not saying Corbyn is the answer, or even the better alternative. But from their p.o.v. any port in a storm.  ::)

You can add to that the so called joke which is the Working Wage which since the mass migration from Eastern Europe of un / semi skilled workers has become the norm  >:( >:(

And believe me, i've never voted labour in my life and if i'm honest, i'd be towards the front of the queue to but a bullet in that traitorous Cee U Next Tuesday Corbin  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 11 July 2018, 11:06:40 »

The working/minimum wage provides a target to aim down at. Besides, if all those expecting the government (us) to pay for their housing etc actually had the mind to do the work that the immigrants do, then perhaps they might get better contracts/money... Genuine zero hour contracts actually pay a decent rate because they provide labour for infrastructure.

Shitty shop jobs have low rates and hours to a) maximise profit... If no one worked for these companies then, again, a radical rethink would see wholesale changes to the employment market both in terms of wages and job security. The side effect of this would be an increase in cost which would affect all of us* b) make employment numbers look better... Government won't change this, if anything the lefties will actively encourage this behavior.

There's plenty of work around, if you can be arsed to do it. So no sympathy from me there.

*I would wager that this extra cost on products/services would actually work out cheaper for everyone by way of higher wages than the burden of supporting those who won't work.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #137 on: 11 July 2018, 12:32:10 »

This chap at the dispatch box today, David Liddington, I think, reminds me of 'Yes, Prime Minister'.
He looks like Nigel Hawthorne.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 11 July 2018, 12:39:01 »

This chap at the dispatch box today, David Liddington, I think, reminds me of 'Yes, Prime Minister'.
He looks like Nigel Hawthorne.

Can't remember his name, but the actor I remember most from 'Yes Minister' played second fiddle to Basil Brush.

STEMO

« Reply #139 on: 11 July 2018, 12:46:11 »

Derek Fowlds.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 11 July 2018, 12:53:47 »

Derek Fowlds.

Sounds familiar. Same actor as in Heartbeat.....I think.

STEMO

« Reply #141 on: 11 July 2018, 12:54:44 »

Derek Fowlds.

Yep, but he had a face like a chewed caramel in heartbeat.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 11 July 2018, 12:59:38 »

Derek Fowlds.

Yes.....ugly old bastard.

Fortunately I have defied the ageing process and look exactly as I did when I was 21. :)

STEMO

« Reply #143 on: 11 July 2018, 13:01:57 »

Derek Fowlds.

Yes.....ugly old bastard.

Fortunately I have defied the ageing process and look exactly as I did when I was 21. :)
Yes, but you looked 60 when you were 21. ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 11 July 2018, 14:50:56 »

The working/minimum wage provides a target to aim down at. Besides, if all those expecting the government (us) to pay for their housing etc actually had the mind to do the work that the immigrants do, then perhaps they might get better contracts/money... Genuine zero hour contracts actually pay a decent rate because they provide labour for infrastructure.

Shitty shop jobs have low rates and hours to a) maximise profit... If no one worked for these companies then, again, a radical rethink would see wholesale changes to the employment market both in terms of wages and job security. The side effect of this would be an increase in cost which would affect all of us* b) make employment numbers look better... Government won't change this, if anything the lefties will actively encourage this behavior.

There's plenty of work around, if you can be arsed to do it. So no sympathy from me there.

*I would wager that this extra cost on products/services would actually work out cheaper for everyone by way of higher wages than the burden of supporting those who won't work.

In your part of the world maybe but not everywhere  ::)

No offence but your a southerner and unless you have lived up here for a big chunk of your life, you really haven't a clue what its like up north   :-* :D

This country has been split in two for best part of 60 years.
Up here, work for the common man and women came from manufacturing and production.
Whether you was a skilled person with a trade, a so called semi skilled person with skills who supported the skilled people OR you swept the mess up on the floor.
Either way, you worked in a factory because that is simply what you did.

With the advent of automation and technology, these jobs started to dwindle but these jobs was never replaced (and putting my capitalist money grabbing head on, why should they when the owners / share holder can profit the money saved)
Added to that, you have union leaders like Scargill, Len McCluskey and Jack Jones who became that powerful that they could hold the country to ransom with the good old call of one out everybody out so people like Thatcher went out to destroy them.

Once the unions where destroyed and the industries that they dominated had also been destroyed, the southern based Tories stuck two fingers up to the north and left it to rot  >:(
When B liar got into power, those who hadn't got a job was encouraged to live off the state  >:(
Those people who was then stuck on the dole very quickly became unemployable because the jobs / wages on offer didn't come anywhere near what the state gave them to keep them quite and quite frankly, the British workforce is lazy so lapped it up :(

In approx 2005, B lair opened the floodgates to the labour market to the Eastern Europeans.
The working wage become the The Wage of the unskilled / semi skilled because companies didn't have to pay anymore and they loved it. The Eastern Europeans came over with a better work ethos to build a better life for themselves and took what's left of the jobs because by now the unskilled British worker was lazy.
I've often asked myself why did ALL parties affectively abandon the north  :-\
Well this is my theory .................... 

Politicians look after the people who vote for them.
Around here and many other places, you have Labour OR the Limp Dems (who are a friggin joke anyway) and UKIP (who became nothing more then a protest vote because the thick bastids could never put any policies on the table  :()
In these areas, 8 out 10 times, people vote labour.  So why should labour spend money in these areas when they will get the votes regardless ?
Quite simply, as a rule, they don't  >:(   They just make false promises and its lapped up by the voters  >:( >:(
The torries are just the same.  They go on about the northern powerhouse.  Well you can bet your life that any money available goes to marginal seats and any infrastructure built passes through these areas were the vote swings   :(
Again, its the "i'm alright jack, opps you attitude that IS politics in this country  :(

That's MY take on why there is a shortage of proper jobs (not zero hour / 60 hour a week to make a living jobs) around these parts  :'(

So back to BREXIT  ;D

What has this got to do with BREXIT ?
Well now the benefits have been rightly cut, those great unwashed now have 2 choices ............... either work OR turn to crime  :(
Sadly, rightly or wrongly, the British workforce are classed as lazy.  If a employer has a choice of employing a eastern European or a British person for a services or production line job, he will take the European every time  :'(

BREXIT was a chance to not only gain back political independence from the EU but limit the influx of foreign labour and force the British companies to put British workers first. IF they don't come up to scratch, they sack them (and contra to popular belief, if your dismissed you rightly get sweet F All off the state for upto 6 months)  :y :y

This country is totally FOOOKED  :'(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 11 July 2018, 15:14:15 »

I know people who are positively wetting themselves in anticipation of being able to vote him in - good union members and young people in low paid jobs who believe he will be their saviour, mostly.

For young ppl, its quite hard to argue with tbh.

Since 2009 (so practically living memory for the 18-25 yo's), their benefits have been cut, as have funds to help access to education, housing benefit vs rent, the rise zero hrs contracts meaning a lack of secure employment, but meanwhile support for the benefits which most benefit the older generations (triple lock on pensions, tax breaks for the wealthy) have stayed firmly in place.

I'm not saying Corbyn is the answer, or even the better alternative. But from their p.o.v. any port in a storm.  ::)

Just had lunch with a group of friends and we concluded he same. It was also concluded that our age group had it good.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 11 July 2018, 15:15:59 »

There's 3061 jobs on Indeed in KoH...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 11 July 2018, 15:26:50 »

Not my phrase but I like it.

DOG’S BREXIT

There was a programme about the failure of the NorthernPowerhouse on Iplayer. Might still be there.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 11 July 2018, 17:57:05 »

These young people who are gagging for a Corbyn Govt. Are they really so dim and uninformed, that they don't understand that he and McDonnell would wreak havoc on the economy in a very short space of time, and there would be a lot less money and jibs for everyone then ?
Every Labour Govt. in history has left the economy in a worse state than they found it. The next one would very obviously be the worst of all in that respect.
I honestly believe that citizens should apply to become voters and be required to take a test on basic awareness and understanding of political issues before voting cards are handed out.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #149 on: 11 July 2018, 18:19:50 »

These young people who are gagging for a Corbyn Govt. Are they really so dim and uninformed, that they don't understand that he and McDonnell would wreak havoc on the economy in a very short space of time, and there would be a lot less money and jibs for everyone then ?
Every Labour Govt. in history has left the economy in a worse state than they found it. The next one would very obviously be the worst of all in that respect.
I honestly believe that citizens should apply to become voters and be required to take a test on basic awareness and understanding of political issues before voting cards are handed out.
None of the young people I know want to be crane drivers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.