Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Friday.  (Read 21957 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Friday.
« Reply #60 on: 09 July 2018, 09:21:59 »

Im not a massive politics fan in any way shape or form.  However I said right at the start of all of this that we wouldn't leave Europe or that if we did then it would be so watered down we would be better off staying in Europe. 

I personally think this whole thing has been engineered by the government as a way to keep us in Europe at any cost.

Remember that at the time of the referendum, and before she was PM, Teresa May canvassed to remain in the EU
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09 July 2018, 10:06:27 »

Im not a massive politics fan in any way shape or form.  However I said right at the start of all of this that we wouldn't leave Europe or that if we did then it would be so watered down we would be better off staying in Europe. 

I personally think this whole thing has been engineered by the government as a way to keep us in Europe at any cost.

Rubbish, they couldn't engineer a screwed up piece of paper. This is what happens when you go into something disunited, with no leader, plan or consistent ideology. The EU no different; the bureaucrats and politicians in charge couldn't conceive that anyone would want to leave, so they have no procedure that states how to do it beyond stating you want to. And the British electorate is just as culpable in the debacle; we should have told the government that they clearly weren't prepared for a referendum and to come back with a proper plan.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09 July 2018, 10:47:42 »

The civil service, the rest of the establishment, some of the cabinet, the media, and most of the opposition have deliberately created a situation where the EU know that a full proper Brexit is going to be a really tough thing to deliver in the UK.
This combined with Mrs weak & wobbly  behaving like a scared mouse, has greatly strengthened the EU hand against the UK.
They know that they have a strong hand, politically because of this and are determine to give us a deal which in other circumstances would be ludicrous.
When David Davis obviously became completely sidelined from doing the job his department was created for, and his job effectively taken by Olly Robins - a hardcore europhile who is a mere civil servant, they knew that they  were going to be offered something by Theresa which is a very watered down Brexit.
They will now feel confident enough to negotiate watering it down even more, to the point where its meaningless. Brino in other words.
Its crunch time now. Either she has to go and be replaced by someone stronger and more competent, or our democracy is dead.

Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09 July 2018, 10:53:42 »

The civil service, the rest of the establishment, some of the cabinet, the media, and most of the opposition have deliberately created a situation where the EU know that a full proper Brexit is going to be a really tough thing to deliver in the UK.
This combined with Mrs weak & wobbly  behaving like a scared mouse, has greatly strengthened the EU hand against the UK.
They know that they have a strong hand, politically because of this and are determine to give us a deal which in other circumstances would be ludicrous.
When David Davis obviously became completely sidelined from doing the job his department was created for, and his job effectively taken by Olly Robins - a hardcore europhile who is a mere civil servant, they knew that they  were going to be offered something by Theresa which is a very watered down Brexit.
They will now feel confident enough to negotiate watering it down even more, to the point where its meaningless. Brino in other words.
Its crunch time now. Either she has to go and be replaced by someone stronger and more competent, or our democracy is dead.

Yes.....but why don't Boris and Gove speak out?

Seems strange they have meekly gone along with it all.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 09 July 2018, 11:05:15 »

There was never going to be any more than  a 'no deal/WTO Brexit'.

Which was clear at the time of the referendum. All this pissing around is doing is weakening the government rather than spending time concreting trade deals outside the EU... Which would be far more constructive  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 09 July 2018, 11:09:01 »

Apparently they said they didn't like it, but would support her for the sake of unity and break the logjam. David Davis says (rightly in my view) that the EU will see this as a starting point rather than the finish.
More chaos to come I fear, because the establishment and global corporations are determined that the will of the people must be ignored and the agenda is to muddy the waters and hope to con people into accepting it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 09 July 2018, 11:10:30 »

There was never going to be any more than  a 'no deal/WTO Brexit'.

Which was clear at the time of the referendum. All this pissing around is doing is weakening the government rather than spending time concreting trade deals outside the EU... Which would be far more constructive  ::)

Problem is, in the two wasted years since the referendum, the vested interests have spent their time trying to convince everyone that "No deal" is a fate worse than death.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 09 July 2018, 11:15:25 »

This. Personally I think that the government think that if they make a big enough balls up of it, people will think we're better off staying in.

But in any event, it'll be nice to have another general election. There hasn't been one in a while   ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09 July 2018, 11:18:05 »

No deal is opportunity. On a plate. With a ribbon.

A fate worse than death would be another Liebour government. I can only hope that I get a permanent contract and a bit saved up to be able to escape when that happens :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 09 July 2018, 11:34:38 »

Agreed.  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #70 on: 09 July 2018, 12:08:08 »

A fate worse than death would be another Liebour government. I can only hope that I get a permanent contract and a bit saved up to be able to escape when that happens :-\

Best stop looking at new cars then, Al, as I reckon you've got six months, tops!  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 09 July 2018, 12:19:45 »

That might be tight :-\

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09 July 2018, 12:20:32 »

Yes I agree too. We need to get some backbone lay our cards on the table and all that crap then get then fk out of the quagmire. Fkg hell just leave mun. Glad to see some resignations, gives a little hope for those of us who voted Out, out, out! Err Out.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09 July 2018, 13:02:42 »

Actually, it could be nearer 20 months... as they won't be able to touch the income tax rates until the 2020/21 tax year.

Gives me 6-7 months to get squared away, plus a year to save and escape...

That should be an achievable goal. 8)

STEMO

« Reply #74 on: 09 July 2018, 13:32:12 »

Actually, it could be nearer 20 months... as they won't be able to touch the income tax rates until the 2020/21 tax year.

Gives me 6-7 months to get squared away, plus a year to save and escape...

That should be an achievable goal. 8)
If labour got in, they would touch the income tax rates in their first financial statement. No need to honour tory pledges.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.