Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Repair in 2019?  (Read 2748 times)

STEMO

Re: Why Repair in 2019?
« Reply #15 on: 09 September 2019, 19:19:01 »

🎶 The service you get, renting your colour set from.....Granada 🎶

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 September 2019, 19:21:52 »

Back in the day a man with a van would collect the telly when it went tits up.

So we would make our own entertainment for the next couple of weeks. :-X

When the TV was finally returned it was usually still as 'broken' as before it was taken away. :-\

Or, if you remember as I do Opti, a real television repair man turned up, replaced a valve or two on site, or swapped a switch over (no sealed units then!) and left with us kids all very happy 8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

Our repair man nearly always took the telly away in a Mk1 Cortina estate.

After a year or two of this we 'rented' a new colour television from Radio Rentals. This worked far better because when the set broke down they would immediately replace it.  :y :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 September 2019, 19:34:46 »

Back in the day a man with a van would collect the telly when it went tits up.

So we would make our own entertainment for the next couple of weeks. :-X

When the TV was finally returned it was usually still as 'broken' as before it was taken away. :-\

Or, if you remember as I do Opti, a real television repair man turned up, replaced a valve or two on site, or swapped a switch over (no sealed units then!) and left with us kids all very happy 8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

Our repair man nearly always took the telly away in a Mk1 Cortina estate.

After a year or two of this we 'rented' a new colour television from Radio Rentals. This worked far better because when the set broke down they would immediately replace it.  :y :-* :-* :-*

Colour?!  I was talking about our 12", at most, black & white set when I was 5 ;D ;D ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 September 2019, 21:24:35 »

Dad used to rent ours from Rediffusion and repair bloke only called out when dad thumping telly on top/sides failed to "repair" it anymore :D First TV parents bought was like a piece of furniture,it was a wooden cabinet about three and a half feet tall and a couple of feet square with double doors on the front.When that finally gave up the ghost dad was going to throw it out but an uncle said he'd take it away and see if he could do something with it.a few weeks later he returned it and he'd taken the tube from the top half and mirrored the inside tope/back and sides and on front a glass fronted drop down door.The lower half he'd removed the "works" lined the inside with wood and fitted double wooden doors to make the whole thing into a drinks cabinet.When dad died[in 1976] mum passed this cabinet on to me and I kept it until moving into this bungalow when there was no real room to keep it,so I passed it onto my eldest daughter so that "telly" is still in the family[albeit as a drinks cabinet]all the way from the '60's :o

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 September 2019, 22:16:57 »

Haven't worn a watch for fifteen years.  What do you need one for?

I would challenge anyone to guess the time more accurately than me ( without a watch). In any case mobile phones, shops, churches, tvs, cars , train stations etc etc etc all have time , then there is the sun.

Sun streams into the house & cockerel is crowing, it must be breakfast time, sun high in the sky, it's hot, each lunch, it must be siesta time (part 1) until it gets cooler, dark, eat evening meal, it must be siesta time (part 2). Why would anybody in Spain ever need a watch? :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 September 2019, 22:32:14 »

I can see the problem. Lack of sun and a siesta or two. Next you will be saying you have no sangria or sex !

It is a tough life up North.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.