Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catalytic converter options 2.2 petrol  (Read 474 times)

cd 2.2

Catalytic converter options 2.2 petrol
« on: 12 February 2014, 00:04:48 »

Dumb question time ...
I have my 2.2 in my garage atm as some of you guys will know I'm halfway through repairing a cylinder head gasket. This car was unfortunately driven for a good length of time with the head blown, This has of course illuminated the EML. Now chances are the trusty but hellish annoying pre cat and main cat have failed. It's a 2003 FL so unfortunately it has the tamper proof ecu fitted with the locked chip   >:( ! What are my options as far as fitting a new catalytic converter? Can I fool the ecu in any way to thinking it still has the pre cat fitted? and finally but most importantly is there any way of removing the cat system (I know it's illegal for road use) without converting to an Omex or similar ecu system?

I am currently looking into tuning options and in theory have someone that can produce a good powerbox manifold for the inlet side and I can get a full custom stainless system made up but this cat system is a pain in the arris to work around ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Catalytic converter options 2.2 petrol
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2014, 12:55:52 »

Not a lot tuning wise for the 2.2, if you want more power, far easier, cheaper and more reliable power via V6.

For cats, what ever you do, do not fit a pattern cat they sound dreadful, really are very very bad. Far better with a second hand genuine cat from a breaker here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.