Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another MV6 joins the collection.  (Read 3193 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Another MV6 joins the collection.
« on: 30 October 2009, 13:01:34 »

Just bought another FaceLift 3.0 MV6, cheap and 1 owner from new, ex Plod, 80k, full history print out, tax and test till next year. Body works a bit tatty with the usual holes (no rust) and interior is a bit rough arround the edges but the Engine, Autobox and drive is sweet as a nut. It was heading to be scraped and spared, couldn't let them do that! could I.

I probably go as far as this is the quickiet's 3.0 Mig Ive driven, seems to have the edge over my 3.0 MV6 Manual ?.

Picked up yesterday and drove back over 150 miles so had a good chance to do some serious test driving. This is my first miggy Saloon, so had to keep stopping to shut the Boot Lid (Stupid place to put the Boot Release, next to the TC Button, lol).

Plan is to sort the body work out, put some decent MV6 Interior in, MV6 Alloys and restore the consol and standard Sounds, Then find it a good Home for Her.  :y

So being my first Saloon will probably be posting a load of stupid question, so bear with me and wish me luck.

Chris  :y

ENFIELD_MV6

• Intermediate Member
  • Enfield
  • previously from leicestershire
    • View Profile
Re: Another MV6 joins the collection.
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2009, 13:03:49 »

weres the piccie`s ????

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2009, 13:11:18 »

weres the piccie`s ????

Dont wanna do Pics of it in it present condition, may want to sell it on here afterwards.

Actually its not to bad, just the usuall Hand Cuff and Gun scratches and a few Head Banging dents.  ;D
« Last Edit: 30 October 2009, 13:11:55 by zirk »

ENFIELD_MV6

• Intermediate Member
  • Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2009, 13:15:23 »

good to see before and after lol, should stick to cable ties rather than handcuffs less scatching, i may well be tempted in it as i was looking at a manual MV6 ex-plod before i bought my estate, wanted to plod my ride and restore it back to police spec as much as i could

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2009, 13:22:03 »

good to see before and after lol, should stick to cable ties rather than handcuffs less scatching, i may well be tempted in it as i was looking at a manual MV6 ex-plod before i bought my estate, wanted to plod my ride and restore it back to police spec as much as i could

Cant really do that on this one, wrong colour, although its ex plod, its ex Diplomat Protection and Armed Response back up, but at least I know its not been thrashed up and down the M1 by the Traffic Boy's. :y

ENFIELD_MV6

• Intermediate Member
  • Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 October 2009, 13:24:21 »

very true indeed, cant fault that at all, wil have to meet up somepoint as i aint far from you really

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2009, 13:25:51 »

The ex-plods often have a lower ratio LSD diff which ups the acceleration a bit

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2009, 13:28:11 »

very true indeed, cant fault that at all, wil have to meet up somepoint as i aint far from you really

No probs, Im just down the road, Waltham Abbey, so yea will meet up at some stage.  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2009, 13:32:20 »

Funny you should say that Mark, that was one of the things I checked 2600rpm at 70, same as my other one's, so thinking no LSD, too dark to look underneath last night (wouldn't know what Im looking for anyway!).

ENFIELD_MV6

• Intermediate Member
  • Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 October 2009, 13:32:47 »

yeah cool the misses knows were that is got a nice church there apparently lol  ::), will let you know as i am going away for a week or so and then going to kiddeminster, so after then will be good, i am trying to arrange a meet round this area have posted in meets section

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 October 2009, 15:10:52 »

Funny you should say that Mark, that was one of the things I checked 2600rpm at 70, same as my other one's, so thinking no LSD, too dark to look underneath last night (wouldn't know what Im looking for anyway!).

just remember that it has a calibrated speedo unlike the production cars which read 3-5 mph high

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 October 2009, 15:39:19 »

just remember that it has a calibrated speedo unlike the production cars which read 3-5 mph high

You mean that thing in the middle of the dash that lights up like a big Christmas Tree at night (I actually found it quiet annoying), yea that's a good point, forgot about that, have noticed all my migs read a lot higher than the Sat Nav, I'll look into that, its an Auto though, so probably not LSD. :(

Does the LSD casing look different to the norm?

Chris.
 :y
« Last Edit: 30 October 2009, 15:40:32 by zirk »

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2009, 18:27:16 »

You mean that thing in the middle of the dash that lights up like a big Christmas Tree at night (I actually found it quiet annoying), yea that's a good point, forgot about that, have noticed all my migs read a lot higher than the Sat Nav, I'll look into that, its an Auto though, so probably not LSD. :(

Does the LSD casing look different to the norm?

Chris.
 :y

look same like standard diff
« Last Edit: 30 October 2009, 18:28:01 by serek »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 October 2009, 19:08:14 »

Thanks serek.

Just been out in it again to see if I could put any more light on the LSD, couldn't really do much, too much traffic still.

Coming back down the A10 had to seriously slow down as I was just about to overtake the bill, slowed down to 40 (legal limit) but still ended up passing them as they were doing about 36, Herts ANPR Car, and yep sure enough got followed off the A10 and kept following me.

Starting to think know I’m going to get tugged, even though me and the car are full legal, so pulled into Tesco petrol station, they followed me in and parked at an angle behind, stayed there for about 20 seconds then just slowly drove off, looking at me, Strange!.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2009, 19:11:52 by zirk »

waspy

« Reply #14 on: 30 October 2009, 19:15:48 »

Thanks serek.

Just been out in it again to see if I could put any more light on the LSD, couldn't really do much, too much traffic still.

Coming back down the A10 had to seriously slow down as I was just about to overtake the bill, slowed down to 40 (legal limit) but still ended up passing them as they were doing about 36, Herts ANPR Car, and yep sure enough got followed off the A10 and kept following me.

Starting to think know I’m going to get tugged, even though me and the car are full legal, so pulled into Tesco petrol station, they followed me in and parked at an angle behind, stayed there for about 20 seconds then just slowly drove off, looking at me, Strange!.

My ex wife used to hate it when i over took the Police when they weren't doing the speed limit. If they where doing 50 in a sixty then i went past. They can't pull you speeding or over taking them if you don't break the law (well they shouldn't) ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.