Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another MV6 joins the collection.  (Read 3192 times)

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
Re: Another MV6 joins the collection.
« Reply #15 on: 30 October 2009, 19:41:03 »

Were do you guys find all these cheap omegas.... :-? :-?

ENFIELD_MV6

• Intermediate Member
  • Enfield
  • previously from leicestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 October 2009, 19:50:08 »

ebay and so on, i know somebody on here is selling cant remember who give me a sec to find it

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 October 2009, 14:54:19 »

Thanks serek.

Just been out in it again to see if I could put any more light on the LSD, couldn't really do much, too much traffic still.

Coming back down the A10 had to seriously slow down as I was just about to overtake the bill, slowed down to 40 (legal limit) but still ended up passing them as they were doing about 36, Herts ANPR Car, and yep sure enough got followed off the A10 and kept following me.

Starting to think know I’m going to get tugged, even though me and the car are full legal, so pulled into Tesco petrol station, they followed me in and parked at an angle behind, stayed there for about 20 seconds then just slowly drove off, looking at me, Strange!.

My ex wife used to hate it when i over took the Police when they weren't doing the speed limit. If they where doing 50 in a sixty then i went past. They can't pull you speeding or over taking them if you don't break the law (well they shouldn't) ;)

Seriously thought I was going to get pulled, the car's been decommissioned from the Police a few months back, so they would have de registered it, my insurance got added the same day I picked it up, that takes a few days to get on the system. So in theory the car should have shown up on ANPR as Not Registered and No Insurance.

Can’t work out why they bothered to follow me for a while, pull up behind in the Petrol station, then drive off without checking?

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2009, 09:27:30 »

Thanks serek.

Just been out in it again to see if I could put any more light on the LSD, couldn't really do much, too much traffic still.

Coming back down the A10 had to seriously slow down as I was just about to overtake the bill, slowed down to 40 (legal limit) but still ended up passing them as they were doing about 36, Herts ANPR Car, and yep sure enough got followed off the A10 and kept following me.

Starting to think know I’m going to get tugged, even though me and the car are full legal, so pulled into Tesco petrol station, they followed me in and parked at an angle behind, stayed there for about 20 seconds then just slowly drove off, looking at me, Strange!.

My ex wife used to hate it when i over took the Police when they weren't doing the speed limit. If they where doing 50 in a sixty then i went past. They can't pull you speeding or over taking them if you don't break the law (well they shouldn't) ;)

Poor woman no wonder she is your ex wife   

Doug  :y
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 November 2009, 14:40:41 »

The ex-plods often have a lower ratio LSD diff which ups the acceleration a bit

Funny you should say that Mark, that was one of the things I checked 2600rpm at 70, same as my other one's, so thinking no LSD, too dark to look underneath last night (wouldn't know what Im looking for anyway!).

just remember that it has a calibrated speedo unlike the production cars which read 3-5 mph high

You mean that thing in the middle of the dash that lights up like a big Christmas Tree at night (I actually found it quiet annoying), yea that's a good point, forgot about that, have noticed all my migs read a lot higher than the Sat Nav, I'll look into that, its an Auto though, so probably not LSD. :(

Does the LSD casing look different to the norm?

Chris.
 :y

look same like standard diff

Yep, LSD fitted (on an Auto?), took it out again this morning in the Forest, nice and wet with plenty of damp leaves on the road, ended up doing some serious opposite locking, all good fun, shame the roads aren’t a bit wider  :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 21 November 2009, 14:57:13 »

The ex-plods often have a lower ratio LSD diff which ups the acceleration a bit

Funny you should say that Mark, that was one of the things I checked 2600rpm at 70, same as my other one's, so thinking no LSD, too dark to look underneath last night (wouldn't know what Im looking for anyway!).

just remember that it has a calibrated speedo unlike the production cars which read 3-5 mph high

You mean that thing in the middle of the dash that lights up like a big Christmas Tree at night (I actually found it quiet annoying), yea that's a good point, forgot about that, have noticed all my migs read a lot higher than the Sat Nav, I'll look into that, its an Auto though, so probably not LSD. :(

Does the LSD casing look different to the norm?

Chris.
 :y

look same like standard diff

Yep, LSD fitted (on an Auto?), took it out again this morning in the Forest, nice and wet with plenty of damp leaves on the road, ended up doing some serious opposite locking, all good fun, shame the roads aren’t a bit wider  :y

Did you get your car back OK?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 November 2009, 15:15:49 »

Yes I did Martin, thanks for asking, cost me 150 though, The Lifters told me they were asked to remove it from the Pub, They were quiet decent about it, dropped the Clamp fee, dropped all storage cost and reduced the 250 Tow fee to 150, which they said that had to paid at cost rates.

Told I need to claim the 150 from the Landlord (Think Pigs might fly), so may have to put that down to experience or something.

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 21 November 2009, 16:30:26 »

Yes I did Martin, thanks for asking, cost me 150 though, The Lifters told me they were asked to remove it from the Pub, They were quiet decent about it, dropped the Clamp fee, dropped all storage cost and reduced the 250 Tow fee to 150, which they said that had to paid at cost rates.

Told I need to claim the 150 from the Landlord (Think Pigs might fly), so may have to put that down to experience or something.

Sound quite reasonable then - I hope you do get the money off your landlord.

Have you found a new pub yet?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 November 2009, 17:08:14 »

Sound quite reasonable then - I hope you do get the money off your landlord.
Have you found a new pub yet?

Dont think thats going to happen, but with out putting too much in print, I dont forget things in a hurry, if you get my drift.  ;)

So yea, lots of new Pub's to try  out.  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.