Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel Pump(Suspected)  (Read 3550 times)

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
Fuel Pump(Suspected)
« on: 31 May 2016, 17:41:30 »

Hi All and thanks in advance.
car - Omega 2.6, 2003 saloon. Automatic
Car engine stalled suddenly no warnings no engine management light came on.
Called out the break down services who could not find any codes/diagnostic but said it was the fuel pump on its way out.. Once home and after a couple of hours I tried starting the car.. it started I left it running for half an hour all seemed ok.
The following day I again left the car running for an hour or so all seemed fine.
I took it for a spin and after 15 minutes it cut out again.
The breakdown recovery guy tried an easy start solution and the car started again  and he followed me home but on the way the car cut out again.
Seems like the fuel pump intermittent problem and can only get worse so I have arranged with my local mechanic to have a new one fitted with a new filter.

Wondered if you guys  would blame the problem on the pump?
Is the pump in the tank and if so does the tank need to be removed...(added a full tank of fuel )

looking at the prices of pump some go from £35 upto £160 but ive seen one on europarts  for £105  which came up after I added my car registration - (is this ok)
Bosch Fuel Pump (In Tank)Product Code: 441720070
Fuel Pump (In Tank)
Non-Stock Item - Available to Order(Usually Dispatched in 24-48 Hrs*)
£ 105.99

Thanks all
Vauxhall Omega  2.6 CDXI Auto 2003 Saloon https://en-gb.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii

05omegav6

Re: Fuel Pump(Suspected)
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2016, 17:45:24 »

Classic V6 Crank sensor :y

As ever... Only buy one from a genuine VX Dealer that you genuinely have to walk into to pay for/collect...

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2016, 17:54:52 »

Thank you for your fast reply... I will contact Vauxhall tomorrow regarding this part .. can I ask if the sensor cuts out due to a certain temperature if it is faulty and  can this part be tested?

Just read a little about the sensor - car was running fine  no splutter or lack of power ... engine first stopped at around 65mph , after restarting it again it run perfectly smooth until cutting out again would a diagnostic check see this problem?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 31 May 2016, 18:08:04 by egcc »
Vauxhall Omega  2.6 CDXI Auto 2003 Saloon https://en-gb.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2016, 18:06:57 »

Yep,I'd go with crank sensor too.Also I'd steer well clear of anyone who's happy to use an easy start solution on your car!

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2016, 18:09:40 »

yeah breakdown recovery sprayed a solution in the airtake pipe it did start but obviously  seems the wrong thing to do :(
Just read a little about the sensor - car was running fine  no splutter or lack of power ... engine first stopped at around 65mph , after restarting it again it run perfectly smooth until cutting out again would a diagnostic check see this crank sensor if it had a fault/problem? recovery guy saw nothing

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2016, 18:15:18 »

yeah breakdown recovery sprayed a solution in the airtake pipe it did start but obviously  seems the wrong thing to do :(
Just read a little about the sensor - car was running fine  no splutter or lack of power ... engine first stopped at around 65mph , after restarting it again it run perfectly smooth until cutting out again would a diagnostic check see this crank sensor if it had a fault/problem? recovery guy saw nothing

The sensor is a very fine wire coil sealed in a plastic housing, with wires out of it. There's no sensible way of checking it, and all a diagnostic check will tell you is if it is producing  a signal. It either works, or it doesn't. And as stated, your symptoms are classic for this fault.

It's one of the few instances where diagnosis and replacement are the same process.

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2016, 18:18:39 »

Thanks guys for your advice  -will be onto Vauxhall tomorrow.

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2016, 18:46:50 »

Hi All, went Down To Our Vauxhall Dealer Ordered the Crank Sensor  which hopefully will arrive tomorrow.
If This Helps Anybody In The Future The Part Number Is 90540743 cost £61 without VAT.

I think I read this part will fit to the right hand side rear of the engine and the other attached by one screw to or very near the oil filter casing -Does anybody know if this is correct...
Thanks Again
« Last Edit: 01 June 2016, 18:49:32 by egcc »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2016, 19:02:33 »

Yes one bolt near oil filter[it's an 8 I think]then plug is at rear of head on passenger side.Don't try following factory routing of wire,which goes between engine block and manifold.Instead attach on end then take wire towards inner wing [use cable ties or similar to hold it as far away from heat sources as possible]and then attach other end and it's job sorted.

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2016, 19:16:03 »

Great Thanks  :y  - Will Keep You Posted Once fitted and fully run/ tested.

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2016, 15:42:51 »

Picked up my part from the Vaux dealer ... yipeeeeee

removed the bottom end from the oil filter casing unplugged my existing from the engine/electrics ..oh nooooo my original has 2 male connectors on the crank sensor this new one had 3 totally wrong part.

Vauxhall were saying the cam sensor should be at the top and the crank sensor at the bottom of the engine. But hey they are ordering are new part to pick up tomorrow with the same part number they think the wrong part was put in the wrong box... not good and wasted my day.

made me think to  is the cam at the top and crank sensor at the bottom ... anyway if the part was correct yes around 10 mins to do the job and 15 mins to get under the car... think the cars are getting lower im not getting  fatter haha   ;D

keep you posted
thanks all

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2016, 16:15:00 »

Vaux gave me the wrong one years ago which I was keeping in the boot as an emergency spare, car went kaput an I was overjoyed to find the wrong sensor. Ask them to give you the trade price for all the messing
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2016, 22:37:14 »

trust  who should we trust?  things happen hope its resolved tomorrow... just need my car back  :(

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2016, 13:08:05 »

whoops my fault part was  correct  there are 3 pins on the electrical plug(crank sensor cable)... but where would it plug into? cannot see it, one site shows its is rear top right hand side of engine any ideas?

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2016, 13:50:27 »

The electrical plug[on my 3L at least]is behind the passenger side head above the coil pack.Should imagine it's in the same place on the 2.6 although as I understand it the 2.6 won't have the coil pack as mine does.May help to remove scuttle for better view?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.