Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Canadian F1 GP (Spoiler)  (Read 5709 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Canadian F1 GP (Spoiler)
« on: 09 June 2019, 21:35:27 »

Same old, same old.

Pressure, crack with mistake, unsafe driving penalty, throw toys out pram again.  ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian F1 GP (Spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2019, 21:43:57 »

yup, totally agree .. what ever happened to accepting when you have screwed up and taking your punishment ?? and the petulant display at the end should get him a financial penalty as well.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2019, 00:23:46 »

Im not a fan of Vettel at all, but Im undecided whether or not he deserved the penalty. On the one hand, he cost Hamilton time by doing what he did,and may well have cost him the chance to pass him. On the other he came back on track between two concrete walls, so didn't have a lot of space to play with.
However, his petulance at the end makes me think he deserves it, so fack him.  :D
Btw, Ferrari are appealing against the penalty, so the result is provisional.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143995/ferrari-intends-to-appeal-vettel-penalty
« Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 00:39:54 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2019, 00:43:08 »

On a slightly different note - I don't have access to SKY at the moment so have to suffer the inane commentary on Ch4.
David Coulthard seems to be involved in some sort of bet or competition as to how many times he can say "under rotation, over rotation, overspeed" and a few other phrases he repeats endlessly.
He,s a bland characterless irritating shite.  ::)
And as for that Irish fella who commentates on Ch4 too. Hes a complete fickin idiot who has no clue what hes talking about.  ???
« Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 00:47:25 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2019, 05:40:04 »

Where I no longer do live TV where I totally refuse, totally refuse, to pay a bunch of Marxists providing me with a daily indoctrination through the TV tax. I just legally use the BBC website text & R5 commentary. As per usually, BBC don't realise being very anti-English Hamilton against their massive multi-million EU grants & support of zee German 4th reich EU empire, goes against their minority rules, ;) :D :-[ hypocrites. But money (& EU grants) always, but always talks the loudest when you are being sold your news. ::) ::) ::)

I don't ever forget it & nor should you. :y :y :y

Vettal is expected to announce that his is consulting with the FIFA, in F1 FIA rules disgust, about playing football instead. If he makes a mistake in the penalty area by going in with a last grasp studs up flying tackle mistake, it is up to the striker to get out of the way & take on the chin any advantage he has lost, where he can't control his studs up flying mistake. :-X :P :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2019, 08:04:33 »

If you want to see some proper overtaking[and at times some improper overtakes :D] I'd suggest you watch the motorcycle racing :y The smaller classes are full of mainly young axe murderers ;D and yes Opti there are also some female riders in the mix.Indeed the defending champion in the Sport 300 class[one of the support races in WSB] is a young woman.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2019, 17:55:55 »

No wonder folk love to hate F1

Smallest penalty available to the stewards who really were setting a precedent by giving it. I am thinking they should have just treated it as a racing incident ....but I have a sneaky feeling one day we will find out Vettel did position his car where he did when he came back in order to block Hamilton.

Bottom line is it was yet another mistake from a creaky Vettel under pressure. If he hadn't gone off  he wouldnt have been penalised.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2019, 17:58:30 »

Im not a fan of Vettel at all, but Im undecided whether or not he deserved the penalty. On the one hand, he cost Hamilton time by doing what he did,and may well have cost him the chance to pass him. On the other he came back on track between two concrete walls, so didn't have a lot of space to play with.
However, his petulance at the end makes me think he deserves it, so fack him.  :D
Btw, Ferrari are appealing against the penalty, so the result is provisional.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143995/ferrari-intends-to-appeal-vettel-penalty
To appeal the penalty, they would have to get a change in the regulations. That ain't gonna happen.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2019, 18:07:44 »

Apparently the stewards decision was based on the fact that in car footage showed he steered to the right after he came back onto the track. I saw this today on one of the news channels and it does make it quite obvious that he deliberately blocked Hamilton from coming past.
It may have been an instinctive racing move, but its against the regulations, in order to prevent crashes (which could easily have been the result), so imo  he deserved to be penalised.
And as he is Vettel, they should disqualify him for failing to bring his car to the designated area after the race, and hang him for all his other antics, and being Vetell.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2019, 18:38:08 »

Apparently the stewards decision was based on the fact that in car footage showed he steered to the right after he came back onto the track. I saw this today on one of the news channels and it does make it quite obvious that he deliberately blocked Hamilton from coming past.
It may have been an instinctive racing move, but its against the regulations, in order to prevent crashes (which could easily have been the result), so imo  he deserved to be penalised.
And as he is Vettel, they should disqualify him for failing to bring his car to the designated area after the race, and hang him for all his other antics, and being Vetell.  :y

I would say it was no more than a racing incident. He had no control when he went off and no control when he rejoined the track. I really don't think his brain had the time to process that he would deliberately  push Hamilton toward the wall.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 June 2019, 18:59:11 »

Then you under estimate the focus and speed that a racing driver possesses n the brain dept. That is their job and at a top level they are very good at it.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 June 2019, 19:16:55 »

I would say it was no more than a racing incident. He had no control when he went off and no control when he rejoined the track. I really don't think his brain had the time to process that he would deliberately  push Hamilton toward the wall.

By definition that means it was an unsafe rejoin then ???  If he is not in control he is not safe. So deserves the penalty as per the rule book .....  :) Of course, if he WAS in control then it was a deliberate move so he still deserves the penalty ..  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 June 2019, 20:21:31 »

if you watch the footage he can be seen making small steering adjustments to keep control, then once he rejoins the track one bigger steering adjustment to the right, as he instinctively knew that's where Hamiltons car was going to be.
It was Schumacheresque in the fact that he put Hamilton in a position of stamping on the brake pedal to avoid an accident, and thus staying behind him, or having an accident which would have taken both of them out of the race.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 June 2019, 20:24:21 »

Where I no longer do live TV where I totally refuse, totally refuse, to pay a bunch of Marxists providing me with a daily indoctrination through the TV tax. I just legally use the BBC website text & R5 commentary. As per usually, BBC don't realise being very anti-English Hamilton against their massive multi-million EU grants & support of zee German 4th reich EU empire, goes against their minority rules, ;) :D :-[ hypocrites. But money (& EU grants) always, but always talks the loudest when you are being sold your news. ::) ::) ::)

Vettal is expected to announce that his is consulting with the FIFA, in F1 FIA rules disgust, about playing football instead. If he makes a mistake in the penalty area by going in with a last grasp studs up flying tackle mistake, it is up to the striker to get out of the way & take on the chin any advantage he has lost, where he can't control his studs up flying mistake. :-

Blimey Rod, even for you, this is so serious when others are just talking about an F1 motor race! :o :o :o

So, without going into the madness of Marxism and how it may, or may not apply to the BBC ( :o :o  :o :o), you have decided that instead of contributing to the great programmes made by the BBC, and the BBC News that is envied throughout the World - in secret in China, Russia, etc - you expect the rest of the workers to pay for this service, whilst you, who can afford to get your enjoyment from catchup with the appliances that entails, saves money on some false political principal!! 

Your choice of course, and I respect that, but please do not link it to political principal crap! :P

If you really do know and understand the standards of other countries around the world, and their standard of TV, often censored or blocked, you would know how good the BBC is. Any doubt about that, well, just go to the USA and watch TV there, if you can bear it!! ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 20:28:43 by Lizzie Zoom »

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2019, 00:04:39 »

Vettal is expected to announce that his is consulting with the FIFA, in F1 FIA rules disgust, about playing football instead. If he makes a mistake in the penalty area by going in with a last grasp studs up flying tackle mistake, it is up to the striker to get out of the way & take on the chin any advantage he has lost, where he can't control his studs up flying mistake. :-

Blimey Rod, even for you, this is so serious when others are just talking about an F1 motor race! :o :o :o

So, without going into the madness of Marxism and how it may, or may not apply to the BBC ( :o :o  :o :o), you have decided that instead of contributing to the great programmes made by the BBC, and the BBC News that is envied throughout the World - in secret in China, Russia, etc - you expect the rest of the workers to pay for this service, whilst you, who can afford to get your enjoyment from catchup with the appliances that entails, saves money on some false political principal!! 

Your choice of course, and I respect that, but please do not link it to political principal crap! :P

If you really do know and understand the standards of other countries around the world, and their standard of TV, often censored or blocked, you would know how good the BBC is. Any doubt about that, well, just go to the USA and watch TV there, if you can bear it!! ::) ::)
FFS get a grip, they are one sided...promote there own agenda...funded by the EU...all they want to do is brainwash you with there side of the news and there side only...open your eyes woman.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.